Respiratory Therapists are trained to aid physicians in the evaluation, diagnosis and care of patients with cardiopulmonary problems. Such patients include those with emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, cardiac failure and chest trauma. Therapists perform a variety of procedures such as: Giving medication and aerosol therapy, Pulmonary function tests, Oxygen therapy, Blood gas determinations, Airway management, Mechanical ventilation. Respiratory Therapists serve as members of cardiac arrest and trauma admission teams or home care providers. They are committed to respiratory wellness and disease prevention and often are founded ministering family asthma and tobacco cessation programs.
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.OR
- Lateral entry to second year- candidates who have passed diploma program in the same subjects from a recognized Government Board, approved by RGUHS.
- Human Anatomy
- Pathology [Clinical pathology, Hematology, & Blood banking]
- Medicine Relevant to Respiratory Technology.
- Applied Pathology[section A], Applied microbiology [section B]
- Applied Pharmacology
- Introduction to Respiratory Technology
- Respiratory Technology - Clinical
- Respiratory Technology - Applied
- Respiratory Technology - Advanced