A Neuroscience Technologist is responsible for collection of data from various diagnostic testing procedures like EEG, EP,PSG,NCS and ENG. And analysis of data during the recording which are valid and interpretable. They will work under the supervision of physician who is responsible for interpretation and clinical correlation of the results.
Neuroscience technology is associated with, in depth study of the structure, behavior and function of the nervous system through a series of technological tests and experiments. It is highly interdisciplinary course involving subjects like Biology, Chemistry, physiology, Anatomy and Engineering etc. They will be trained to perform diagnostic testing procedures like Electrocephalograms (EEG), Evoked Potentials(EP), Polysomnographs(PSG), Nerve Conduction studies(NCS) and Electronystagmograms(ENG).
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.OR
- Lateral entry to second year- candidates who have passed diploma program in the same subjects from a recognized Government Board, approved by RGUHS.
- Human Anatomy
- Biochemistry I
- Pathology I (Clinical Pathology, Haematology& Blood Banking)
- Basic Electroencephalography
- Basics of Nerve Conduction Study 70 30 (15+15) - 100 (NCS)
- Applied Anatomy & Physiology Related to 70 30 (15+15) - 100 Neuroscience Technology
- Pharmacology related to Neuroscience technology
- Advanced Technique I
- Advanced Technique II
- Systemic Disease