Medical Laboratory Technologist is associated with detection, diagnosis of diseases, collection and sampling of data, testing, documentation and reporting of the same. They will learn about the treatments available for them and play an important role in diagnosis of the disease.
B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology course offers practical and theoretical knowledge about laboratory tests, their role in diagnosing the diseases and providing best care and treatment available for it. It offers one to gain knowledge about the diagnosis, treatment and preventation of various kind of health problems. The course emphasizes one to make optimum use of research skills, aptitude towards science, ability to handle laboratory equipments and instruments.
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of studyOR
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of studyOR
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of studyOR
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University CourseOR
- Lateral entry to second year- candidates who have passed diploma program in the same subjects from a recognized Government Board, approved by RGUHS.
- Human Anatomy
- Biochemistry I
- Pathology I (Clinical Pathology, Haematology& Blood Banking)
- Biochemistry II
- Microbiology II
- Pathology II
- Biochemistry III
- Microbiology III
- Pathology III