The course allows one to master the technologies of anesthesia and equipments of modern operation theatre.
The candidate will be taught the set up, preparation, handling techniques of instruments and supplies of a modern operation theatre. The student will be well versed with pharmacology of anesthetic & non anesthetic drugs, their preparation, dilution, labeling. They are trained in preparing Anesthesia trolleys checking the machines for suction, gas system operation, working of OT tables, various gases used in OT, inhalational agents usage.
Anesthesia and operation theatre technicians are mainly employed by anaesthetic departments or operating theatre suites, but can be found in other areas of clinical practice including emergency departments, intensive care units (ICU) and day surgery clinics. Trained technicians are thus in high demand in this line of specialization.
- Two year Pre-University examination or equivalent as recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Pre-Degree course from a recognized University considered as equivalent by RGUHS, (Two years after ten years of schooling) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study.OR
- The vocational higher secondary education course conducted by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala with five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in addition to vocational subjects conducted is considered equivalent to plus TWO examinations of Government of Karnataka Pre University Course.OR
- Lateral entry to second year- candidates who have passed diploma program in the same subjects from a recognized Government Board, approved by RGUHS.
- Human Anatomy
- Pathology [Clinical pathology, Hematology, & Blood banking]
- Medicine relevant to O.T & Anaesthesia. technology.
- Applied Pathology[section A], Applied microbiology [section B]
Introduction to Anaesthesia & Operation Theatre Technology
- Anaesthesia & Operation Theatre Technology – Clinical
- Anaesthesia & Operation Theatre Technology – Applied
- Anaesthesia & Operation Theatre Technology - Advanced