Together we can make a world where cancer no longer means living with fear, without hope. So, let’s understand the warning signals of cancer.
- If there is any change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- If there is unusual bleeding or discharge from any natural opening in the body.
- If there is any thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere which may or may not be painful.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing food should not be ignored ever.
- Please notice for any obvious change in a wart or mole in the form of change in color, size, number or if it starts bleeding.
- Any cough or hoarseness of voice which persists for more than 3 weeks.
- If you feel tired or have weight loss without any obvious reason.
- If there is disinterest in food or there is a loss of appetite.
- If you develop a fever for no reason for more than 3 weeks
Please don’t be disheartened. The good news is you can cut your risk of cancer in half by making small changes in your lifestyle.
- stop smoking
- Avoid or limit alcohol
- Maintain healthy weight
- Exercise regularly
- Be safe in the sun
- Eat smarter
- Take care of your hygiene.
So it’s crucial not to ignore any of the above-mentioned warning signals and please get yourself screened regularly before you develop any of the symptoms.
Dr. Indu Bansal Agarwal | Director & Senior Consultant Radiation Oncology | Narayana Superspeciality Hospital Gurugram