The mangoes are available in various types, and raw mangoes or green mangoes are unripe mangoes. Raw mangoes are firm and similar in shape to ripen yellow mangoes (oval or bean-shaped), depending on the variety. The unripe green mangoes have smaller seeds and firm-crispy flesh. It is a tropical fruit and has culinary and nutritional values.
This crunchy fruit’s flesh has a sharp and tangy taste, which enhances the flavor of the dishes. We can eat it freshly sliced and drizzle it with salt and chili. Every Indian family has a jar full of raw mango pickles as a side dish.
The raw mangoes are one of the most adored fruits in the summer. They contain numerous vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants with numerous health advantages.
Everybody loves green mango juice on a hot summer day. They are an excellent source of health-promoting nutrients with many health benefits, including:
- Raw mango stimulates our gastrointestinal tract to secrete various digestive enzymes. They reduce digestive problems, including acidity, indigestion, constipation, and morning sickness.
- Raw mangoes beverage (in India known as Aam Panna) reduces the effect of sunstroke and improves dehydration symptoms.
- Green mango is rich in vitamin A, C, and E, which boosts our immunity, improves gum issues, reduces the risk of blood disorders, and helps fight many diseases by increasing white blood cells in our body.
- Mangiferin (an antioxidant) content of raw mango balances triglyceride, cholesterol levels, and fatty acid levels, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases. Raw mangoes also contain magnesium and potassium, which enhances the healthy functioning of our heart.
- Raw mangoes are rich in antioxidants, including lutein and zeaxanthin, which improve vision and eye health.
- Polyphenols (a group of powerful antioxidants) present in the raw mangoes reduce inflammation and decrease cancer risk.
- Green mangoes are rich in nutrients that promote collagen synthesis and improve skin health. They also stimulate hair growth and help keep the scalp healthy.
This yummy fruit has high fiber, zero cholesterol, and nutrient content. It is a versatile fruit and is consumable as raw, pickle, gem, and an ingredient in various culinary cuisine. So, add them to your diet to relinquish their unique benefits.