Wondering how to detoxify yourself after over-indulging on sinful treats post your New Year celebrations? Well, worry not. You’re not the only one. Of course, your health is bound to take a detour after consuming scrumptious yet not so healthy delicacies. You might be just wishing to get your health back and get rid of the hangover symptoms. Detoxing the body is no rocket science. In this article, we’ll present a few ways on how to easily and effectively detox your body.
- One of the easiest & effective ways to detox yourself is by intake of water and fluids. Water keeps the body hydrated and flushes out all the toxins to start muscle recovery. Other drinks like Green tea, Aloe vera/Amla juice, Hot water with Lemon and Honey are also healthy as they present amazing detoxifying properties.
- It is quite common to eat and overeat during a New Year party. Fried & fatty foods, sweets, and spicy dishes are some of the common food items found at any party. All these foods can meddle with your digestive system developing an upset stomach. It is very important to go on a light diet after consuming all these unhealthy foods. Adding fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, salads dressed with healthy seeds and olive oil to your diet is a great option to relieve an upset stomach. Also, drinking juices made out of fresh fruits and vegetables are a great way to detox.
- Meditation & Yoga can work wonders if health & wellness is on your mind. Your body will be very tired after an exhaustive and unhealthy week of overeating, sleeplessness and partying. This is where doing meditation & yoga comes into factor. Performing a basic routine of meditation & yoga can be very helpful in making you feel light and healthy. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your yoga mat and start doing it right away for a healthy mind and body.
- These days a majority of the New Year parties are celebrated with alcohol. A lot of people over-consume alcohol which leaves them with a bad hangover and an upset stomach. So, they need to stay away from alcohol during the detox period. It doesn’t matter if you’re an occasional drinker or a regular drinker, you have to avoid alcohol during the detox period. This is the period when your body flushes out all the toxins and refraining from alcohol will help your body to regain much-needed strength and health.
- Indulging in food and drinks during Christmas and New Year is very common. These indulgences often result in an increase in BMI (Body Mass Index) and unwanted weight gain. Maintaining a proper BMI is very important to thwart off any health complications. That’s why it is recommended to practice healthy eating to reduce the risk of unwanted weight gain. Post your New Year party celebrations, try to go back to your workout routine, if you follow any.
- Never skip your food to try and make room for party food. It could backfire! Skipping food will only make you more hungry resulting in your overeating. No matter what, never skip your meals for anything, always maintain a healthy meal schedule to avoid unwanted digestive problems.
- Overindulgence in food and alcohol can make your body feel sluggish and bloated. The sure way to get your blood pumping and cleanse it of the toxins is by getting into the fresh air and sweating it out. Doing exercise helps the body to burn calories that have been consumed and bring the oxygen back into your bloodstream. Binge Drinking can cause serve gastritis, and occasionally pancreatitis always try to limit alcohol intake to safe limits. Always remember to drink responsibly and do not drink & drive.
It may seem tempting to stay indoors on New Year’s Day but getting out and taking a brisk walk is much recommended. The only way to detoxify after any kind of extravagant indulgence is by getting into a regular pattern of walking, running or playing a sport that helps in burning calories and clears your mind. Celebrations and enjoyments have no limits, but your body does. So, know your limits, party hard, enjoy yourself and do not forget to detox every time you indulge yourself.