A specialist in Vascular and endovascular surgery, Dr. Robbie George is a leading surgeon in Bangalore presently working at Narayana Health City, Bangalore. He provides both surgical and diagnostic treatment for all kinds of vascular diseases and disorders.
Dr. Robbie George has been associated with Vascular and endovascular surgery for over 15 years now and worked in prestigious hospitals such as the NHS Trust hospitals in the United Kingdom. He is not only an excellent surgeon in his field but is also a guide and trainer to aspiring vascular surgeons. He is a supervisor at the National Board of examinations for the super specialization degree in vascular surgery and is involved in training surgeons in peripheral endovascular and venous procedures and techniques along with the placement of aortic stent grafts.
- MBBS: Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- MS (General Surgery): University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- PDCC, Post Doctoral Certificate Course
- DNB, National Board of Examinations
- FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, England
Post held in past
- Consultant- Vascular Surgery: Leeds Vascular Institute
- Specialist Registrar: Northern Ireland Surgical Rotation, Senior Lecturer: Surgery, Government Medical College, Chandigarh
- Senior Resident: Surgery, University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Fields of Experience
- Peripheral endovascular procedures- Aortic aneurysms, placement of aortic stent grafts, peripheral aneurysms, peripheral arterial disease, carotid disease, diabetes foot with vascular insufficiency.
- Treatment for venous diseases that include central vein pathology and vascular renal access
Awards & Recognition
- Dr B Ramamurthi Gold Medal: Awarded by the National Board of Examinations for securing the highest mark in India in the DNB surgery examinations conducted in 1999 – 2000.
- Rotary gold Medal: Awarded by the university of Delhi on being adjudged the best among candidates examined for the degree of MS (General Surgery) in the year 1999
- National talent search examination scholarship: Awarded by the national council for Education Research and Training, India for a period of 11 years (1998 – 1999)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Rouleaux Club
- British Association of Thyroid and Endocrine Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- National Academy of Medical Sciences, India
- Vascular Society of India
- Do Dopler waveforms at the common femoral artery accurately predict iliac stenosis? - O’Neil S, George RK, Wallace WD, Blair PH, McKinley A. Ir Med Sci. 2010 jul 27.
- Carotid Body Tumours – A 22-Year Northern Irish experience. S. O’Neil, M.E. O’Donnel, R. George, W. Wallace, D. Harkin, B. Lee, P.H. Blair. International Journal of Surgery 2010; 8 (7): 520.
- Vascular Trauma in Postgraduate Vascular Surgery – A candidate guide for the FRCS exam. George RK, Blaid P. Ed Bhattacharya V, Stansby G, Cambridge University press 2010.
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy for Conn’s syndrome: report of the initial six cases. Mishra AK, Agarwal A, George RK, Gupta S, Mishra SK, Int Surg. 2009 Jan-Feb;94(1):31-4.
- Predictors of nonsentinel lymph node metastases in breast cancer patients. George RK, Agarwal AK, Mishra SK, American Journal Surger. 2005 Jan;189(1):127-8.
- Abdominal tuberculosis presenting as an inguinal hernia. Bhatia S, George RK, Sharma R. Tropical Gastroenterology. 2005 Apr – Jun;26(2):98.
- Giant adernal cyst presenting as a diagnostic dilemma: a case report. Singh N, George RK, Gupta SK, Gupta A, Agarwal A, International Surg. 2005 Apr-Jun;90(2):78-80.
- A simple technique for pre-operative reduction of lymphodema. George RK, Gupta S. Indian journal of surgery 2004;66(2):114-5.
- An audit of foot infections in patients with diabetes mellitus following renal transplantation. George RK, Verma AK, Agarwal Ak, Agarwal G, Mishra SK. International of lower extremity wounds. 2004 Sep;3(3):157-60
- Illegal duplication presenting with peptic ulcer perforation and malena. George RK, Kaur N, Minocha VR Indian journal of surgery 2004;66(2):106-8
- Pancreatitis in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. Agarwal A, George RK, Gupta S, Mishra SK, Indian journal of gastroenterology. 2003;22:224-5
- Video Assisted thoracoscopic sympathectomy : initial experience. Singh N, Agarwal, Agarwal A, George R, Verma AK, Mishra SK, Indian journal of Thoracic and cardiovascular Surgery 2003, 19;53 (abstract)
- Management of Thyroid cancers. George RK, Aggarwal G. Proceedings of an update & Continuing Medical education programme an advances in surgical oncology 2003. Patna, India
- Care of the diabetic feet. George RK. Proceedings of the Continuing Medical education programme in Endocrinology. April 2003 Lucknow,
- Multinodular Goitre. : George RK, Singh N, Agarwal A. Proceedings of the Continuing Medical education programme on disease of the thyroid at the annual surgery update. 2002 Sep; Delhi, India
- PrivateHealth in India: George RK, Agarwal V, Minocha VR, AggarwalS. International Surg 2002;87:99-103
Key Procedures Performed
- Endovascular and venous procedures
- Placement of aortic stent grafts
- Treatment for aortic aneurysms
- Peripheral aneurysms
- Carotid diseases
- Peripheral arterial diseases
- Diabetes foot with vascular insufficiency
English, Hindi, Kannada & Malayalam