Dr. Kumar has a rich experience in the field of Rheumatology. He is the author of more than 7 publications in several known journals and has a very rich work experience.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Scottish Society for Rheumatology (2002)
- British Society for Rheumatology(2001)
- Royal College of Physicians - Edinburgh(2009)
- Scottish Academic Rheumatologist (SCAR) (2008)
- Scottish and Irish Registry on Ankylosing Spondylitis (SIRAS)(2008)
- Indian Rheumatology Association(2015)
- Morbidity in Rheumatic diseases
- Pain management
- Sports Medicine
- Kumar P and Banik S - Pharmacotherapy options in Rheumatoid arthritis - review. Clinical medicine insights: Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Disorders 2013:6 35-43. Doi: 10.4137/CMAMD.S5558.
- Kumar P, Khan F. Kennedy G, and Belch JJF - Rosuvastatin improves CRP but not disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis - Scottish Medical Journal 2012 May;57(2):80-3. doi: 10.1258/smj.2012.012004.
- Galarragga B, Khan F, Kumar P, Pullar T, Belch JJF, Etanercept improves inflammation associated arterial stiffness in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology. 2009 nov;48 (11): 1418-23
- Kumar P, Strang A, Ho M, Maple C, Radederstoff D, Morley K, and Belch J. The Effects of Borage Oil Supplementation on Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Requirements in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Journal of complementary and Integrative Medicine Volume 5, Issue 1 (2008) .
- Galarraga B, Kumar P, Khan F, Pullar T, Belch JJF. CRP - an independent predictor of microvascular changes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis - Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008 Dec;47(12):1780-4. Epub 2008 Oct 14
- Rajput-Ray M, Kumar P and Belch JJF.SF 36 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The effects of rosuvastatin. Scottish Medical Journal 2008 53(3):49-51
- Galarraga B, Kumar P, Khan F, Pullar T, Belch JJF. CRP - an independent predictor of microvascular changes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Scottish Medical Journal 2008 53(3):49-51
- Galaragga B, Kumar P, Pullar T, Oliver B. The role of ultrasonography and triple phase bone scintigraphy for detection of early inflammatory arthropathy. Rheumatology. 2004;42(Suppl 1):369
- Kumar P, Pullar T. Perceptions of fibromyalgia among rheumatologist in Scotland. Rheumatology. 2004;42(Suppl 1):60
Posts Held in Past
- 3 months in General Medicine & Paediatrics 3 months in Speciality Postings: 8 weeks in Community Medicine, 1 week in Infectious diseases, 2 weeks in Diabetology and I week in Gasterentology 3 months in General Surgery & Orthopaedics 3 months in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Kilpauk Medical College - Chennai (Jan 1996 - Jan 1997)
- Senior House Officer, Intensive Care Unit Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai (May 1997 - October 1997)
- Senior House Officer, Honorary, Elderly Care Unit Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup, Kent, UK (Feb 1998 - April 1998)
- Senior House Officer in Medicine(Locum), Milton Keynes General Hospital, Milton Keynes, UK(April 1998 - May 1998)
- Senior House Officer: Rheumatology and Chest medicine, Glan Clwyd Hospital, Rhyl, Wales, UK (June 1998 - August 1998 )
- Senior House Officer rotation: Cardiology, Elderly Care and Endocrinology, Milton Keynes General Hospital, Milton Keynes, UK.(August 1998 - August 1999 )
- Senior Senior House Officer(SHO 3), Rheumatology and Chest, Milton Keynes General Hospital, Milton Keynes, UK (August 1999 - May 2000)
- Specialist Registrar (LAT): Rheumatology and G(I)M, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shrewsbury, UK (May 2000 - Jan 2001)
- Specialist Registrar : Rheumatology and General Medicine, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, UK (Jan 2001 – August 2005 )
- Research Fellow : University of Dundee, UK (Sep 2005 - March 2006)
- Consultant in Rheumatology and General Medicine: Perth Royal Infirmary, Scotland, UK (April 2006 - January 2010 )
- Consultant in Rheumatology: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Scotland, UK (January 2010 – July 2013)