Dr. Naveen Tahasildar is a highly skilled Spine Surgeon at NH Orthopedics, Spine and Trauma Care, Bangalore. He holds an experience of 17 years in the field. He has 26 publications in renowned journals which have been cited 256 times. He is a reviewer for national & international spine journals. He has a passion for teaching and is involved in grooming of young spine surgeons as faculty at national & International spine academic forums. He has a special interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, spine deformity corrections & spinal tumor surgeries.
- Fellowship in Spine
Post held in past
- Orthopaedic Fellow at Epworth Hospitals Melbourne (Australia)
- Spine Fellow at Amrita Hospitals Kochi (Kerala)
- Spine Fellow at Aarhus University Denmark
- Consultant spine surgeon at Sparsh Hospitals.
Fields of Expertise
- Spine Surgery
Awards & Recognition
- Diploma SICOT awarded in the SICOT 2011 XXV Triennial World Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, after written and oral examination on 5th and 6th September 2011
- Awarded the SICOT Travelling Fellowship (Spine) to Aarhus University under Prof Cody Bunger from January 1st to 31st 2013
- Awarded the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) Global Outreach Educational Scholarship Award 2013 to attend the 20th International Meeting on Advanced Spinal Techniques (IMAST) at Vancouver, Canada.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association Of Spine Surgeons Of India (ASSI)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- AO Spine
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Karnataka Orthopaedic Association
- Bangalore Orthopaedic Society
- Menon V, Tahasildar NS, Sivaraman T, Venkateshappa BM. Scoliosis associated with HGPPS syndrome: What do we know? Indian Spine J 2021; 4:250-4
- Menon KV, Tahasildar NS. What Constitutes Shoulder Imbalance in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis? Aesthetic Threshold for Surgical Correction [published online ahead of print, 2020 Mar 29]. World Neurosurg. 2020; S1878-8750(20)30577-5. doi: 10.1016/j.wneu.2020.03.106
- Udayakumaran S, Menon SK, Onyia CU, Tahasildar N. Single-stage deformity correction in children with neurogenic kyphoscoliosis: nuances and a proposal for risk stratification. Neurosurg Focus. 2017 Oct;43(4): E13. doi: 10.3171/2017.7. FOCUS17348.
- Menon KV, Tahasildar N, Pillay HM, M A. Axial Plane Deformity of the Shoulder in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. Clin Spine Surg. 2017 May;30(4): E351-E357. doi: 10.1097/BSD.0000000000000193.
- Menon KV, Pillay HM, M A, Tahasildar N, J RK. Post-operative shoulder imbalance in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a study of clinical photographs. Scoliosis. 2015; 10:31. doi:10.1186/s13013-015-0055-6.
- Menon KV, Tahasildar N, Pillay HM, Anbuselvam M & Jayachandran RK. Patterns of Shoulder Imbalance in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Retrospective Observational Study. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques. 2014 Oct; 27(7): 401-408.
- Dhatt S, Tahasildar N, Tripathy SK, Sharma RB, Dhillon MS. Outcome of spinal decompression in cauda equina syndrome presenting late in developing countries- case series of 50 cases. European Spine Journal 2011 Dec; 20(12):2235-9.
- Tahasildar N, Goni V, Sudesh P, Tripathy SK. Giant osteochondroma of Axis in a child with multiple hereditary exostoses: Case report and review of literature. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2012 May;21(3):280-5
- Tripathy, Sujit Kumar; Tahasildar, Naveen; Letter to the Editor. Spine 2010. 35(18):1736-1737.
- Tahasildar N, Goni V, Bhagwat K, Tripathy SK, Panda BB. Ewing’s sarcoma as second malignancy following a short latency in unilateral retinoblastoma. J Orthopaed Traumatol 2011 Sep; 12(3):167-71.
- Tahasildar N, Sudesh P, Tripathy SK, Shashidhar BK. Bilateral Pathological Dislocation of Hip Secondary to Tuberculous Arthritis Following Disseminated Tuberculosis- A Case Report and Review of Literature. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2012 Nov; 21(6):567-73. doi: 10.1097/BPB.0b013e328354da73.
- Sen RK, Tripathy SK, Goyal T, Aggarwal S, Tahasildar N, Singh D & Amit Kumar Singh. Osteosynthesis of femoral-neck nonunion with angle blade plate and autogenous fibular graft. Int Orthop. 2012 Apr;36(4):827-32
- Tripathy SK, Sen RK, Akkina N, Hampannavar A, Tahasildar N, Limaye R. Role of ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of intramuscular cysticercosis. Skeletal Radiol. 2012 Sep;41(9):1061-6. Epub 2011 Nov 19.
- Sujit Kumar Tripathy, Ramesh Kumar Sen, Sameer Aggarwal, Sarvdeep Singh Dhatt, and Naveen Tahasildar. Simultaneous bilateral anterior shoulder dislocation: report of two cases and review of the literature. Chin J Traumatol 2011 Oct 1; 14(5):312-5.
- Kamal Bali, Sameer Aggarwal, Vishal Kumar, Aditya Krishna Mootha, Saurabh Rawall, Naveen Tahasildar and Mandeep S. Dhillon ; Operative management of type II and type IIIa open tibial fractures presenting from 6–24 hours after injury: an Indian experience. Current Orthopedic Practice. 22(3):262-266, May/June 2011.
- Sarvdeep Dhatt, Manphool Singhal, Sujit Kumar Tripathy, Naveen Tahasildar and Ramesh Kumar Sen;Primary hydatidosis of femur: a case report and review of literature. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2010, 20(5): 401-405.
- Sen RK, Tripathy SK, Aggarwal S, Agarwal A, Goyal T, Tahasildar N, Dhatt S.; Migrated Intra-Pelvic Broken Wire Retrieval: A Nightmare For Surgeon. Hip Int. 2010 Dec 14;20(4):551-4
- V. Goni, V. Kumar & N. Tahasildar: Integrated Outcome Assessment after Anterior Cervical Discectomy, Fusion (ACDF) with autograft and Plating in cervical spodylomyelopathy. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2010 Supplement III to IJMIST IV, No 5
- V. Goni, N. Raj, S. Pebam, N. Tahasildar, A. Taneja & V. Kumar: Retained, asymptomatic bullet in D11-D12 intervertebral disc space: A Case Report. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology.2010 Supplement III to IJMIST IV, No 5
- V. Goni, S. Dhatt, N. Raj, S. Pebam, A. Taneja & N. Tahasildar: Correlation between Preoperative Imaging Studies and Post-Operative Results in Lumbar Canal Stenosis – A Prospective Study. The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology. 2010 Supplement III to IJMIST IV, No 5
- Kishen TJ, Tahasildar N. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Role of Spinal Injections. Karnataka Medical Journal 2013. Vol 46; Issue 1:14-19
- Tahasildar N, Kishen TJ. Surgery for the Degenerative Lumbar Spine. Karnataka Medical Journal 2013. Vol 46; Issue 1: 21-25
- Bhatia S, Goni V, Pebam S, Taneja A, Tahasildar N, Rajan SV, Bhatia A, Amarji B, Singh B, Katare OP. Novel Liposomal Gel of an Anti-inflammatory Agent: Randomized, Double-blind Clinical Trial for Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety in Patients with Signs and Symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knees. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 50:1090, 2010.
- Naveen Tahasildar, Mandeep Singh Dhillon, Vijay Goni, Sameer Aggarwal; Management of distal femur fractures: Current Concepts in Management. The North East Orthoscan 2010, 7(2):41-51.
- Dhatt S, Tripathy S, Tahasildar N, Sharma R, Sanjay B. Bilateral Sarcoid Arthritis Treated by Total Hip Replacement: A Case Report. WebmedCentral ORTHOPAEDICS 2010;1(11): WMC001133
- Dhatt S, Tahasildar N, Tripathy S, BK S, Tamuk T. Excision and Endoprosthesis Implantation for Proximal Femur Giant Cell Tumor. WebmedCentral ORTHOPAEDICS 2010; 1(11): WMC001236
Key Procedures Performed
- Scoliosis Correction
- Spinal Disc Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Cord Injury Treatment
- Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR)
- Spinal Tumor Resection
- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Scoliosis Correction
- Spinal Deformity Correction
- Spinal Cord Injury Treatment
- Vertebral Column Resection in Deformity and tumors
- Cervical Pedicle Screw Fixation
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spine deformity corrections
- Spinal tumour surgeries
Kannada, English, Hindi