Best Gynaecologist in Bangalore | Dr. Shakuntala Baliga | Best Gynaecologic Oncologist in Bangalore
- Clinical experience:
- 38.5 years after post graduation
- Teaching Experience:
- UG Teaching:25years
- PG Teaching:35 years.
- Examiner (UG & PG) for various universities including AIIMS New Delhi, Delhi University, Rajasthan University, MDU Rohtak , Himachal Pradesh University, and NBE.
- Previous Appointment:
- Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore: Visiting Senior Consultant: Feb 2004 to October 2009
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi University, Central Government:
- Professor: 11 years (1993- 2004)
- Associate Professor: 5years (1988-1993)
- Assistant Professor: 3 years(1985-1988)
- Founder & Chief of Colposcopy Unit: 13years.
- Medical College
- MBBS: All-India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1975
- MD (GYN/OB): All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1979
- Authored 3 books on Colposcopy that are internationally recognized. One book “Principles and Practice of Colposcopy” is translated into Spanish, Russian and Portuguese.
- Zee Swasth Bharat Award in 2011
- Best Poster Award during AICOG 2000
- Co-authored paper that was awarded Best Paper on Premalignant Diseases during Annual Conference of AOGD in 2002
- Honorary Joint Secretary of FOGSI in 1995
- Awarded WHO Fellowship in 1994
- Distinction & 1st Prize in Final MBBS at AIIMS New Delhi in OB/GYN in 1974
- Invited as faculty to many state level, national and international conferences
- 41 Publications in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in books and Proceedings of national and international conferences /workshops
- Organized many conferences, workshops, and CMEs including local (in medical college), state level, national and international.
- Recipient of the first Dr.Munro Award for Proficiency in Science for the outgoing student from Loreto Convent High School, Lucknow in December 1968.
Area of Expertise
- Diagnosis & Management of Gynecological Precancers and Early Cancers
- Colposcopy and Management of female lower genital tract dysplasias / intraepithelial cancer with Cryosurgery, and LLETZ/LEEP
- Familial gynecological cancers
- Teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical students