Dr. Lavanya Kiran is a highly focused, Persistent, Responsible, Caring and Patient professional. She is dedicated to whatever she commits to and puts her best foot forward under any condition. Presently she is working as Senior consultant in Narayana Health City, Bangalore after being recognized as one of the best gynaecologist doctors in Bangalore. Practising gynaecology for years now, she has gained vast expertise in treating fibroids, HPV, ectopic pregnancy, endometrial polyps, vaginal infections, adenomyosis, tubal block, ovarian cysts, PCOD or PCOS, UTI, etc.
She is acknowledged as one of the best obstetricians in Bangalore for her facilities ranging from Family planning consultation, Antenatal Check-up, Care of mother and child during pregnancy including Infertility Treatment, Painless Delivery, Cervical Cancer Vaccination, Pap smear, abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Female Urinary Incontinence, menstrual abnormalities, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, vaginal infections, fibroids, HPV, incontinence, infertility, PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and urinary tract infection (UTI), etc. along with the management of Hysterectomy.
Besides, she has vast experience in normal and operative vaginal deliveries, modern methods of fetal monitoring, VABC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean Section). Her endeavors to provide treatment that is based on evidence and agrees mutually with patients is what makes her stand apart. She has also managed many cases of High-risk Pregnancy with longing outcomes and saved both the child and the mother. If you are looking for the best obstetrician and gynaecologist in Bangalore for your pregnancy care, gynaec issues, meet her for a better consultation.
- M.B.B.S : M.S. Ramaiah Medical College Bangalore (July 2003)
- M.S (OBG) : Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science Bangalore (Sept 2007)
- (Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine) : Dr. Patil's Fertility and Endoscopy clinic Bangalore
- MBA) Hosp. Mang Alagappa University Bangalore
- PGDMLE : National Law School of India University Bangalore (Jan 2009)
Posts Held in the past
- Fellow at Dr. Patil's Fertility and Endoscopy Clinic, Bangalore (March 2008-May 2009)
- Asst Professor in PESIMSR, Kuppam, Chittoor Dist. (November 2007-Feb 2008)
- Worked in Dr. Ramesh Hospital, Bangalore (August 2007-October 2007)
- Worked in Hosahalli Referral Hospital, Bangalore (Feb 2007- July 2007 )
- MS (OBG) Resident, KIMS, Bangalore, Karnataka , A dedicated tertiary institute (September 2003- August 2003)
- Work was full time, residential, involved supervision and management of OPD, Labour room and inpatients.
- Duties also included complete workup, monitoring and management of the Antenatal cases, Intranatal and Postnatal cases.
- Preoperative workup of prospective surgical patients.
- Post operative Management.
- Management of emergencies.
- Duties in Anesthesia, NICU, Sonology.
- Worked as a duty doctor in Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore (August 2003)
- Completed the compulsory rotating internship as a resident intern in KIMS, Bangalore in OBG, Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Dermatology (Jan 2003- July 2003)
- Completed the compulsory rotating internship as a resident intern in MSRMC, Bangalore in Gen Surgery, CTVS, Psychiatry, Community medicine, ENT, Orthopedics (June 2002- Dec 2002 )
Awards & Recognitions
- FOGSI AWARD winner- 2019 for contribution in OBGyn
- Received – Dr. Balaghangadharnath swamiji’s Samaj Seva award (2015-16).
- Received Chairman’s Award for Distinguished services-Doctors at Narayana Health (2014-15)
- Received Kempegowda Award for Samja Seva (2018)
- Awarded as a surgeon with Least Learning Curve for Robotic Surgery in INDIA-9/17
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Joint secretary of KISAR ( 2019-2021)
- Founder member of Karnataka chapter of Indian Fertility Society 2019
- Member of ACE
- Member of BSOG
- Member of ISAR and PCO Society
- Member of FERTILITY PRESERVATION SOCIETY
- May 2008- June 2008:- Trained in obstetrics ultrasound under Dr. Ramamurthy, Fetal Foundation of India, Bangalore.
- August 2007- October 2007: Trained in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeries, Dr. Ramesh Hospital, Bangalore.
Key Procedures Performed
- Oocyte Retrieval, Protocol Management for IUI/IVF/ICSI.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopic, Laparoscopic Cystectomy, Cyst aspiration, Ovarian Drilling, Endometriotic Deposit Cauterization, Tubal Occlusion (LTO), Hysteroscopy-Diagnostic and Operative, Polypectomy, Cyst Aspiration- Simple and Endometriotic, Endometrial Biopsy, Septal resection, Cu-T removal.
- FTND, PTND, LSCS, Twin Delivery, Breech Delivery, Forceps Delivery, Vacuum Delivery, Medical and Gynaec complication associated Deliveries, MVA, and Induction of Labour.
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (BSO), Vaginal Hysterectomy, Pelvic Floor Repair, Cystectomy, Tubectomy, Colposcopy, Cervical Biopsy, D and C, Cryocautery, Pap smear, Cu-T insertion.
As a 1st assistant for: Endoscopy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopic, Operative- Sling operations, LAVH/LAH, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy- Salpingectomy/ Salpingostomy, Adhesiolysis, Endometriosis- Cauterization, Cystectomy-Simple/ Endometriotic, Cyst aspiration, Ovarian Drilling, Tubal Occlusion (LTO), Hysteroscopy-Diagnostic, Polypectomy, Endometrial Biopsy, Septal resection, Cu-T removal.
- Elective LSCS, Emergency LSCS, PPH, Ectopic Pregnancy, MVA, Gynaec complication associated Pregnancy (fibroid, dermoid cyst).
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (BSO), Vaginal Hysterectomy, Pelvic Floor Repair, Myomectomy, Cystectomy, Tubal Recanalisation, Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy, Hysteroscopy, Sling operations, Debulking Operation, Ca Cervix, Ca Ovary, Ca Uterus.
- Tubectomy, Laparoscopic tubal occlusion (LTO).
Dr Lavanya Kiran has also published many featured articles related to Obstetrics and Gynaecological care in leading newspapers and magazines. These are to name a few:
- Successful Pregnancy Following Medical Management Of Heterotopic Pregnancy - A Case Report, Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences; Vol 2: Page 34- 39, 2009
- Polycystic Ovaries and Infertility -Our experience, Original Article, Journal of Human Reproductive; Vol 1: Page 65-72, 2008
- Empty Follicle Syndrome- A case report, Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences, Vol 1:Page 86-89, 2008
- DNA Fragmentation : Its Effect on Fertility, Original Article, Due for publication in Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences
English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil