Dr. Lavanya Kiran is a highly focused, Persistent, Responsible, Caring and Patient professional. She is dedicated to whatever she commits to and puts her best foot forward under any condition. Presently she is working as Senior consultant in Narayana Health City, Bangalore
- M.B.B.S : M.S. Ramaiah Medical College Bangalore (July 2003)
- M.S (OBG) : Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science Bangalore (Sept 2007)
- (Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine) : Dr. Patil's Fertility and Endoscopy clinic Bangalore
- MBA) Hosp. Mang Alagappa University Bangalore
- PGDMLE : National Law School of India University Bangalore (Jan 2009)
Posts Held in the past
- Fellow at Dr. Patil's Fertility and Endoscopy Clinic, Bangalore (March 2008-May 2009)
- Asst Professor in PESIMSR, Kuppam, Chittoor Dist. (November 2007-Feb 2008)
- Worked in Dr. Ramesh Hospital, Bangalore (August 2007-October 2007)
- Worked in Hosahalli Referral Hospital, Bangalore (Feb 2007- July 2007 )
- MS (OBG) Resident, KIMS, Bangalore, Karnataka , A dedicated tertiary institute (September 2003- August 2003)
- Work was full time, residential, involved supervision and management of OPD, Labour room and inpatients.
- Duties also included complete workup, monitoring and management of the Antenatal cases, Intranatal and Postnatal cases.
- Preoperative workup of prospective surgical patients.
- Post operative Management.
- Management of emergencies.
- Duties in Anesthesia, NICU, Sonology.
- Worked as a duty doctor in Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore (August 2003)
- Completed the compulsory rotating internship as a resident intern in KIMS, Bangalore in OBG, Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Dermatology (Jan 2003- July 2003)
- Completed the compulsory rotating internship as a resident intern in MSRMC, Bangalore in Gen Surgery, CTVS, Psychiatry, Community medicine, ENT, Orthopedics (June 2002- Dec 2002 )
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- May 2008- June 2008:- Trained in obstetrics ultrasound under Dr. Ramamurthy, Fetal Foundation of India, Bangalore.
- August 2007- October 2007 Trained in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeries, Dr. Ramesh Hospital, Bangalore.
Key Procedures Performed
- Oocyte Retrieval, Protocol Management for IUI/IVF/ICSI.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopic, Laparoscopic Cystectomy, Cyst aspiration, Ovarian Drilling, Endometriotic Deposit Cauterization, Tubal Occlusion (LTO), Hysteroscopy-Diagnostic and Operative, Polypectomy, Cyst Aspiration- Simple and Endometriotic, Endometrial Biopsy, Septal resection, Cu-T removal.
- FTND, PTND, LSCS, Twin Delivery, Breech Delivery, Forceps Delivery, Vacuum Delivery, Medical and Gynaec complication associated Deliveries, MVA, and Induction of Labour.
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (BSO), Vaginal Hysterectomy, Pelvic Floor Repair, Cystectomy, Tubectomy, Colposcopy, Cervical Biopsy, D and C, Cryocautery, Pap smear, Cu-T insertion.
As a 1st assistant for: Endoscopy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopic, Operative- Sling operations, LAVH/LAH, Laparoscopic Ectopic Pregnancy- Salpingectomy/ Salpingostomy, Adhesiolysis, Endometriosis- Cauterization, Cystectomy-Simple/ Endometriotic, Cyst aspiration, Ovarian Drilling, Tubal Occlusion (LTO), Hysteroscopy-Diagnostic, Polypectomy, Endometrial Biopsy, Septal resection, Cu-T removal.
- Elective LSCS, Emergency LSCS, PPH, Ectopic Pregnancy, MVA, Gynaec complication associated Pregnancy (fibroid, dermoid cyst).
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (BSO), Vaginal Hysterectomy, Pelvic Floor Repair, Myomectomy, Cystectomy, Tubal Recanalisation, Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy, Hysteroscopy, Sling operations, Debulking Operation, Ca Cervix, Ca Ovary, Ca Uterus.
- Tubectomy, Laparoscopic tubal occlusion (LTO).
- Successful Pregnancy Following Medical Management Of Heterotopic Pregnancy - A Case Report, Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences; Vol 2: Page 34- 39, 2009
- Polycystic Ovaries and Infertility -Our experience, Original Article, Journal of Human Reproductive; Vol 1: Page 65-72, 2008
- Empty Follicle Syndrome- A case report, Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences, Vol 1:Page 86-89, 2008
- DNA Fragmentation : Its Effect on Fertility, Original Article, Due for publication in Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences
English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil