Dr Janani has completed her MBBS from Thanjavur and Post Graduate training in OBG from Railway hospital ,Chennai and obtained the Diplomate of National Board. She has been awarded the prestigious MRCOG by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UK. She is trained in Gynecological Ultrasound & Laparoscopy Surgery.
Awards & Recognition
- Case Report on Aortic dissection during term pregnancy was accepted by the BJOG Journal
- awarded MRCOG
Fields of Expertise
- Antenatal care, High Risk Pregnancy
- Minimal Invasive Surgery - Hysteroscopy, laproscopy and Robotic surgery
- Early Pregnancy care and Gynaec emergency
Key Procedures Performed
Normal Vaginal Delivery, Caesarean Section,
Twin delivery, Preterm delivery.
Surgery for Ectopic pregnancy.
Suction and Evacuation for miscarriage.
Dilatation and Curettage(D&C)
Hysteroscopy and Polypectomy
Laparotomy and Ovarian Cystectomy, Salpingectomy, Myomectomy and Hysterectomy
Laparoscopic Gynaec procedures
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI),
- Family Planning:
Cu T insertion
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Member: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Member: Bangalore Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (BSOG)
Posts Held in Past
- Senior Registrar at Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru.
- Associate Consultant at Narayana Health City, Bommasandra, Bengaluru.
- “The impact of chronic HbsAg carrier status on Pregnancy outcomes”. A prospective study held at Railway Hospital,Chennai.