After completing his MBBS from Belgaum, Karnataka, he went on to do his Neurosurgical training from Chennai. He has also completed a 2 year fellowship in Epilepsy and Functional neurosurgery from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences from Kochi. He has done an EEG and Epilepsy course at Cleveland Clinic, USA. Also has an observership from University of Alberta, Canada in Functional neurosurgery and brain volumetry. He has more than 13 years’ experience in the department of neurosurgery. His area of interest is Epilepsy Surgery, Functional Neurosurgery and Neuro-oncology. He has several presentations in both National and International conferences in Epilepsy, Neuro-oncology and Shunt surgery.
- MBBS: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi university of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Graduated in DNB - Neurosurgery in December 2013
- Fellow in Epilepsy Surgery and Functional Neurosurgery - Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Amrita Advanced Centre for Epilepsy, Kochi, Kerala.
- Clinical Neurophysiology, EEG and Epilepsy Course, Cleveland Clinic, USA.
- Functional Neurosurgery and Brain Volumetry Observership. Edmonton, Canada.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Associate member Neurological surgeons Society of India
Fields of Expertise
- Surgery for Epilepsy
- Surgery for Parkinson’s Disease and movement disorders.
Key Procedures Performed
- Surgeries for Non Lesional Epilepsy (MRI Negative).
- Awake Surgeries with Intra operative Mapping.
- Surgeries for Parkinson’s disease and Movement disorders.
Rare / Unique Skills
- Stereoelectroencephalography (SEEG) for Localization of Epileptogenic Zone.
- Epilepsy Surgery.
- Functional Neurosurgery.
Posts Held in the past
- Neurosurgery Registrar, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (March 2006 – May 2014).
- Jr. Consultant - Sagar Hospital, Bangalore (June 2014 – May 2015).
- Consultant – Neurosurgeon, People Tree Hospitals, Bangalore (June 2015 – Jan 2017).
- Fellow in Epilepsy and Functional Neurosurgery, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin (Feb 2017 – Feb 2019).
- Consultant—Neurosurgeon, Rajagiri Hospital, Cochin(Feb 19- May 19)
DNB Thesis: An analysis of recurrent Gliomas of the Brain.
English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil