Dr. Vikram Huded is a Senior Consultant Interventional Neurologist and Head of Neurology at Narayana Health Institute of Neurosciences. He finished his MBBS in 2000 from JJMMC, Davangere. After that he went on to complete his MD in General Science in Government Medical College, Mysore – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. Dr. Huded earned a DM in Neurology in 2007 from Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai. Later, he pursued a fellowship from King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He was the first Neurointerventionist to use stent retriever in a 6 year old kid in Asia and to perform temporary endovascular bypass (Solitaire stent) in acute stroke in India.
Since then, he is known as one of the pre-eminent neurologists in Bangalore.
The study of neurology requires pivotal and varying knowledge by the neurologists. The more you dedicate your time, the more synergistic effects you get. Dr. Vikram Huded is one such example of this who had worked on intense conditions such as Thrombosis in Acute Arterial Stroke, Subarachnoid Hemorrhage and Cerebral Venous Occlusive Disease and absorbed positive results. Some of the invasive and interventional procedures he has done so far include Mechanical thrombectomy, Flow diverter stenting, Carotid, and intracranial stenting, Brain Aneurysm coiling, Paediatric Neurovascular intervention, etc. He is an expert in the management of various neurological disorders and a part of various august boards and associations such as the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Govt. of India, Life Member of Indian Stroke Association, Funder secretary of Bangalore Stroke Support Group, to name a few.
Other achievements of Dr. Vikram Huded are the publications that have got wide recognition by various Doctors and made him one of the best neurologists in Bangalore.
- MBBS: J.J.M Medical College, Davanagere, Karnataka
- MD (General Medicine): Mysore Medical College & Research Institute, Mysore
- DM: KEM Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
Post held in past
- Fellowship (Interventional Neuroradiology) – King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Fields of Experience
- Thrombolysis in Acute Arterial Stroke
- Cerebral Venous occlusive disease
Awards & Recognition
- First Neurologist in India to have used Penumbra system in acute stroke
- First Neuro-interventionist to do temporary endovascular bypass (Solitaire stent) in acute stroke in India
- First Neuro-interventionist to use stent retriever in 6 year old child in Asia
Key Procedures Performed
- Mechanical thrombectomy.
- Brain Aneurysm coiling.
- Flow divertor stenting.
- Carotid and intracranial stenting.
- Brain and spine AVM and Dural fistula embolization.
- Paediatric Neuro vascular intervention.
- Preop tumor embolization.
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Neurovascular Interventions
Neurointervention and Stroke
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Memberships and Positions Held:
- Specialist Advisory Board Member of Neurovascular Intervention (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India).
- Member of World Stroke Organization.
- Life Member of Indian stroke Association.
- Life Member of Indian Association of Neurology.
- Active Member of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology, USA.
- Convener for Interventional Neurology subsection of Indian Academy of Neurology.
- Was Executive Committee member of Bangalore Neurological Society.
- Executive Committee member of Indian Stroke Association.
- Founder Joint Secretary Society of Vascular and Neurointervention.
- Founder secretary of Bangalore stroke support group.
- Mechanical Device the Penumbra System in the management of Acute Stroke. Neurology India, .May-June 2009.
- Intra Arterial Thrombolysis in acute Ischemic stroke: Single center experience. Neurology India, Nov-Dec 2009.
- Endovascular Treatment For Acute Ischemic Stroke Using Solitaire Stent – Temporary Endovascular Bypass, A Novel Technique. Neurology India, May-June 2011.
- Primary Angioplasty Followed By Chemical Thrombolysis For Carotid And Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion (Multimodality Treatment). Heart Asia 2012;4:25-26 (subgroup of BMJ).
- Cross over balloon technique for vertebral artery thrombus- a novel method. BMJ case report 2013.
- Endovascular balloon assisted glue embolisation of intranidal high flow fistula in brain avm. JNRP. 2013 August; 4(Suppl 1): S148–S149.
- Thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke: Experience from a tertiary care centre in India. JNRP 2014:5:25-30.
- Stroke in Young—Dilative Arteriopathy: A Clue to Late-Onset Pompe's Disease? Huded, Vikram et al. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases , Volume 25 , Issue 4 , e50 - e52.
English, Hindi and Kannada