Dr Radhika Manohar is a consultant neurophysiologist and director of the neurophysiology and neuromuscular division of Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center, Narayana Health City, Bangalore. She completed her MBBS from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and has a fellowship of Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom.
Field of expertise
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Neuromuscular disorders (MND, Peripheral Neuropathies, Myasthenia Gravis etc) and Epilepsy
- Invasive Stereotactic EEG evaluation for Epilepsy surgery
- Single Fibre EMG for evaluation of NMJ disorders
Awards & Recognition
Clinical Excellence in Neurophysiology’ award in 2014 in U.K.
Posts Held in the past
- 2011 to 2018 - Consultant, Clinical lead and Head of department- Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK.
- Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Trust, Liverpool, UK.
- Lead in Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring, Epilepsy surgery monitoring and Neuromuscular disorders.
- MBBS- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. Passed out with Distinction in 2000.
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians, UK- 2005
- Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians, UK- 2014
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (Clinical Neurophysiology), UK- 2011
- Higher specialist training in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology at the Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
- Neuromuscular disease-Evaluation of neuromuscular disorders including Nerve conduction studies/Electromyography, single-fibre EMG (jitter analysis) for neuromuscular junction disorders, Multichannel EMG studies for movement disorders.
- Epilepsy- EEG, Video telemetry, Invasive Stereotactic EEG evaluation for epilepsy surgery.
- Sleep Medicine- Evaluation of sleep disorders including sleep apnoea, circadian rhythm disorders, chronic insomnia, narcolepsy, Parasomnias. Polysomnography, Multi-sleep latency testing.
- Intra-operative neurophysiological monitoring- Electrocorticography; spinal, cortical and brainstem mapping and monitoring including for Selective dorsal rhizotomy, awake craniotomy and peripheral neurectomy.
English, Hindi, Kannada