Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash passed MBBS from Sambalpur Medical University, Odisha, India in 2001 and served the government of Orissa for 2 years and completed his post graduation in general medicine from SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Odisha, India in the year of 2007. He then worked in Institute of Human Behavior and Allied sciences, Delhi for a period of 6 months as a senior resident in the department of Neurology and joined the prestigious institute of national importance under government of India, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology in 2008 as a senior resident (DM Neurology) in the department of Neurology. After successfully completing the same, he underwent advanced training in the comprehensive epilepsy care centre of the same institute for one year. During his DM training, he gained a vast experience in treating various complex neurological disorders which include both acute and chronic cases. During the postdoctoral fellowship period, he gained further experience in reporting scalp EEG, prolonged Video-EEG, intracranial monitoring and presurgical evaluation of patients with medically refractory epilepsy. Dr Dash continued his academic carrier in the same institute as a consultant after obtaining his advanced training.
He is an expert in the field of epileptology with vast experience in treating various complex and difficult to manage patients with epilepsy. In addition, he is also an expert in treating various sleep disorders. Currently, he works as a consultant neurologist, epileptologist and sleep medicine specialist in the same institute. His current activities include teaching DM neurology residents, post-doctoral fellows in the division of epilepsy and he supervises the sleep lab. Of late for the past one month, Dr Dash works as an epilepsy specialist in a JCI accredited hospital in India, Hyderabad.
Key Procedures Performed
Pre-surgical evaluation of drug resistant epilepsy
Posts Held in the past
- Consultant - Neurologist, Epileptologist & Sleep Medicine Specialist at Apollo Hospital, Jubilee Hill, Hyderabad. 1st Ocober 2012 -
- Consultant Neurologist, Epilptologist and Sleep medicine specialist at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum. January 2012 -
- Post Doctoral fellowship in epilepsy (1 year) at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum. January 2011 - Dec 2011.
- Senior Resident in Neurology at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum. Jan 2008 - Dec 2010.
- Senior resident in Neurology at Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Sciences, Delhi. 2007 – 2008.
- Resident in General Medicine at SCB Medical College, Cuttack Odisha, 2004 – 2007.
- MBBS (1996-2001): VSS Medical College, Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha.
- MD - Medicine (2004-2007): SCB Medical College, Cuttack, Odisha.
- DM - Neurology (2008-2010): Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
- PDF - Epileptology (Jan 2011-Dec 2011): Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Fields of Expertise
- Management of medically refractory Epilepsy and their evaluation and surgical treatment
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Neurology
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Indian academy of neurology
- Indian epilepsy association
- American Academy of Neurology
- Gopal Krishna Dash, Ashalatha Radhakrishnan, Chandrasekharan Kesavadas, et al. " An audit of the presurgical evaluation and patient selection / or extratemporal resective epilepsy surgery in a resource-poor country". Seizure 21 (2012) 361- 366
- Mahesh Pundlik Kate, Gopal Krishna Dash, Ashalatha Radhakrishnan "Long-term outcome and prognosis of patients with emergent Periodic Lateralized Epileptiform Discharges (ePLEDs). Article in press. Seizure
- Siddartha Das, Gopal Krishna Dash, M Behera eta! :Prevalance of metabolic syndrome in angipograpically established coronary artery disease patients(original article).South asian journal of preventive cardiology:2007 :93-99
- At!fla Ram Bansal, Gopal Krishna Dash, Ashalatha Radhak.rishnan, Chandrasekharan Kesavadas, Muraleedharan Nair: 'Garland sign' in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: Neurology india 2009 Volume : 57 Issue: 3 : 354-355
- Gopal Krishna Dash, Mahesh Pundlik Kate, Chaturbhuj Rathore, Ashalatha Radhakris hnan Reversible photoparoxysmal response at 1 Hz in a patient with posterior fossa mass lesion: Neurology India :Mar-Apr 2010 :Vol 58 : Issue 2
- Abhijit Das , Ajith Cherian, Gopal Krishna Dash, Ashalatha Radhakrishan :Alpha coma evolving into spindle coma in a case of fulminant hepatic failure:what does it signify?Ann Indian academy of neurol jan-mar 2010; vol 13, issue!
- Early versus late post stroke seizures;comparision of clinical profile, seizure characteristics and predictors of long term outcome-In 10th annual conference of Indian epilepsy association and Indian epilepsy society;i h & 8th Feb 2009 , Tirupati ( Poster presentation)
- Clinical, electrophysiological and imaging characteristics of Patients with refractory extra temporal partial epilepsy (ETPE)Who were not considered for resective surgeryIn 18th annual conference of Indian academy of neurology;24th-26th September 2010; Trichy (award paper presentation)
- Effect oflesion status in management and outcome in extratemporal partial epilepsh- In ECON 2011 (Indian association in epilepsy Award paper) 25eth -27 1h Feb 2011
- Gopal Krishna Dash, Chaturbhuj Rathore, Malcolm Jeyaraj K, Mathew Abraham, Chandrasekhar Kesavdas, P Sankara Sarma, Kurupath Radhakrishnan: Predictors of seizure outcome following resective surgery for drug resistant epilepsy associated with focal gliosis:Epilepsia 2011:52:26-262
Awards & Recognition
- Best medical paper award in ECON 2011
- Predictors of seizure outcome in drug-resistant focal epilepsy- paper presentation in ILAE 2011
- Gold medal award in general medicine in final year MBBS 2000
- Gold medal in combined medicine and surgery in final year MBBS 2000
English, Hindi, Bengali