Dr Rammohan Sripad Bhat is working as consultant nephrologist at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center, Narayana Health City, Bangalore. He completed his MBBS from Karnataka University and MD in General Medicine from Safdarjang Hospital. He has got an experience of over 15 years in managing variety of renal complications. His area of specialization includes peritoneal dialysis catheter insertions, hemodialysis catheter insertions, transplants, renal biopsy and many more. Apart from this, Dr Bhat is also actively involved in enhancing the teaching and clinical governance activities of the hospital.
Fields of Expertise
- Renal Biopsy
- Renal Transplant
- MBBS, Karnataka University, 1997
- MD General Medicine, Safdarjang Hospital, 2002
- MRCP (Edinburg), RCP, June 2005
- MRCP (Nephrology), Federation of RCP (UK), March 2011
- CCT Nephrology & GIM, October 2011
Key procedures performed
- Ultrasound guided Catheter placement – Temporary and Tunneled Dialysis catheter, Hickman Line, PICC
- Renal Biopsy – Native, Transplant and special circumstances like single kidney, obese patients etc.
- Peritoneal dialysis catheter placement
- Doppler ultrasound of dialysis access and venous mapping
Professional memberships & certifications
- Renal Association
- European Renal Association
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- International Society of Nephrology
- Vascular Access Society
Posts Held in the past
- Consultant in Medicine at Manchester and Stroke-on-Trent, United Kingdom.
- Specialist Registrar – Nephrology / Medicine Rotation, Mersey Deanery, Liverpool.
- I Moore, R Bhat, N Hoenich, A Kilner, M Prabhu, K Orr, N S Kanagasundaram: A microbiological survey of bicarbonate based replacement circuits in continuous veno-venous haemofiltration. Critical Care Medicine 2009; 37(2):496 -500.
- S. Powell, T. Chan, R. Bhat, K. Lam, R. Nalwar, N. Cullen, P.Littler. A retrospective comparative study of tunneled haemodialysis catheters inserted through occluded or collateral veins versus conventional methods. CVIR 2010; 33(4): 744 – 750
- LR Solomon, JS Cheesbrough, L Ebah, T Al-sayeed, M Heap, N Milliband. D Waterhouse, S Mitra, A Curry, R Saxena, R Bhat, M Schulz, P Diggle. A randomized double-blind controlled trial of taurolidine-citrate catheter locks for the prevention of bacteremia in patients treated with haemodialysis. AJKD June 2010; 55(6): 1060- 1068
- M lmran,R Bhat,H Anijeet. Pneumoperitoneum in peritoneal dialysis patients; one centre’s experience. NDT Plus 2011; 4(2): 120-123”
- Rajvanshi P, Bhat R, Gupta B, Prasad S A Study of Malnutrition in Indian Predialysis Chronic Renal Failure Patients. Abstract 134: JAPI, Vol 51, December 2003.
- P Rajvanahi, R Mohan, RSK Sinha, B Gupta Meningitis in HIV Positive Patients. Abstract 331:JAPI, Vol. 50,January 2002”
- Chandra S, Sharma R, Kapoor A, Hemal AK, Mukhopadhyay S, Bhat R. Sonographic Features of Urinary Tract Tuberculosis. RSNA 1999; Pg 530
- Oral Central Venous Catheter Insertion Through Occluded and Collateral Veins – Techniques and Outcomes. R Bhat,T Chan, S Powell. Venue: Vascular Access Society Meeting 2009, Rome
- Poster BK Virus Associated Nephropathy (BKVAN) Following Renal Transplantation – A Single Centre Experience. A Hakeem, R Bhat. H Sharma, R Penfold, M Howse, G Bell, H Shawki, I Hart, A Hammad, A Sharma, S Mehra. British Transplantation Society Annual Congress 2011.
- Assessment of cardiovascular risk factors and their management In Chronic Kidney Disease Stage Ill and IV population. R Bhat. C Goldsmith, C Wong. ERA- EDTA Congress, Munich 2010.
- Pneumoperitoneum in peritoneal dialysis patients, one centre’s experience. M lmran, R Bhat, H Anijeet. Renal Association and British Transplantation Society Joint Annual Conference 2009
- Regional Assessment of cardiovascular risk factors and their management in Chronic Kidney Disease Stage Ill and IV population. R Bhat, T Powell, A. Dhaygude. Northwest Renal Audit, Manchester, 2009. I presented this regional audit involving five renal units in the North-West of England.
- A microbiological survey of bicarbonate based replacement circuits in continuous veno-venous haemofiltration (CWH).
- A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Trail of Taurolidine-Citrate Catheter Locks for the Prevention of Bacteremia in Patients Treated With Haemodialysis.
International / National
English, Hindi, Kannada