Dr. Vijay Kumar completed his MD from Sri Devraj Urs university, SDUAHER & DM in medical Oncology from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. He is pursuing his PHD in tumor immunology at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Foundation & currently working as Consultant Medical Oncology at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Centre, Narayana Health City, Bangalore.
Fields of Expertise
- Special interest in Head & Neck, Gastrointestinal (GI), Genitourinary (GU) malignancies and Lymphoma
Awards & Recognition
- Awarded Cleveland Clinic International physician observership in hematology and oncology at Cleveland Clinic, USA
- Awarded for securing highest in MD- General Medicine at Sri Devraj Urs university, Kolar, India.
- European Society of Medical Oncology, Real Madrid - Spain: Best Research poster in Head and Neck oncology – ESMO CONGRESS 2017
- Travel Award from cancer conquer foundation for ASCO Asia 2019 for scientific research paper presentation.
- Oral presentation at European society of medical oncology – Asia, Singapore 2017
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Association of Clinical Research (AACR) .
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO
- Indian Society of Immuno-Oncology
- Association of Medical oncology in India (AMOI)
- Indian medical association (IMA)
Posts Held in the past
Worked at HCG Bangalore in the department of Medical Oncology.
- MBBS: Sri Devraj Urs medical college, Kolar, Karnataka, RGUHS
- MD: Sri Devraj Urs university, SDUAHER
- DM: Medical oncology from Amrita institute of medical sciences, AIMS Kochi, India
- Fellowship: ECMO (European certification exam in medical oncology)
- Cleveland clinic international physician Observership in hematology and oncology in June 2017, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
English, Hindi, Kannada and Tamil