Dr. Vidya R had completed her MBBS from JSS Medical College under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, MD from Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai. She also completed her fellowship in Oncopathology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. She trained in Oncopathology at Tata memorial Hospital, Mumbai with keen interest in digital pathology and artificial intelligence. She has special interest in head and neck tumors, breast pathology, hematolymphoid malignancies and genitourinary pathology.
- MBBS: JSS Medical College (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science)
- MD (Pathology): Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
- Fellowship in Oncopathology: Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Post held in past
- Senior Registrar at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Fields of Expertise
- Digital Pathology
Awards & Recognition
- Best Resident Award 2018, Department of Pathology, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai
- Best Oral Proffered Paper at CYTOCON 2019, PGIMER, Chandigarh
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Digital Pathology Association
- International Society of Gynecological Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology Society
- Rao V, Kumar R, Rajaganesan S, Rane S, Deshpande G, Yadav S, et al. Remote reporting from home for primary diagnosis in surgical pathology: A tertiary oncology center experience during the COVID‐19 pandemic. J Pathol Inform 2021;12:3
- Rao V, Subramanian P, Sali A, Menon S, Desai S. Validation of whole slide imaging for primary surgical pathology diagnosis of prostate biopsies. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2021; 64: 78-83
- Rekhi B, Rao V, Ramadwar M. Revisiting cytomorphology, including unusual features and clinical scenarios of 8 cases of alveolar soft part sarcoma with TFE3 immunohistochemical staining in 7 cases. Cytopathology. 2021;32:20-8.
- Rao V, Rekhi B. Cytomorphological spectrum, including immunohistochemical results of 16 cases of clear cell sarcoma of soft tissue, along with positive EWSR1 gene rearrangement result in two cases. Cytopathology. 2020;31:280-7.
- Rajaganesan S, Kumar R, Rao V, Pai T, Mittal N, Sahay A, Menon S, Desai S. Comparative assessment of digital pathology systems for primary diagnosis. J Pathol Inform. 2021 ;12:25.
- Kumar R, Rajaganesan S, Rao V, Sali A, More B, Desai SB. Validation of a portable whole‐slide imaging system for frozen section diagnosis. J Pathol Inform 2021. DOI: 10.4103/JPI.JPI_95_20 (Article in press)
- Bhanvadia V, Shet T, Rao V, Epari S, Gujral S, Jain H, Bagal B, Sengar M. Multicentric Castleman's disease in India - Does EBV rather than HHV8 play a role? Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2021 Apr-Jun;64(2):302-309. doi: 10.4103/IJPM.IJPM_310_20
- Rao V, Menon S, Bakshi G, Prakash G, Agarwal A, Desai S. Thyroid-like follicular carcinoma of the kidney with low-grade sarcomatoid component: a hitherto undescribed case. Int J Surg Pathol. 2021;29:327-33.
- Jearth V, Patil P, Patkar S, Goel M, Mehta S, Deodhar K,Rao V.
- Immunoglobulin G4- related cholecystitis mimicking a locally advanced gallbladder cancer—a case report and review of literature. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2020; 28:1-6.
- Rao V,Menon S, Rekhi B, Deodhar K. Molecular markers in gestational trophoblastic diseases. In: Bhagyalaxmi Nayak and Uma Singh (Eds). Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases. Springer Nature Publishing.
Key Procedures Performed
- Key participatory role in digitizing histopathology for remote reporting during the COVID-19 pandemic at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Head and neck tumors
- Breast Pathology
- Hematolymphoid malignancies
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Digital Pathology
- Molecular Pathology
English, Kannada, Hindi