Dr. Hema S had completed her MBBS and MD from JIPMER, Pondicherry (Institute of National importance). She has 4 years of rich post MD experience from JIPMER and NH. She had been involved in organization of various scientific meetings, CMEs, workshops and conferences. Currently she is working as a Associate Consultant in Narayana Health, Bangalore
Post held in past
- UG, PG and senior residency at JIPMER (Institute of national importance, Puducherry)
- Junior Consultant
Fields of Expertise
- Flow Cytometry
Awards & Recognition
- BEST PAPER AWARD IN NATIONAL CONFERENCE– First prize Original study titled “Morphological profile of large intestinal neuronal plexuses in perinatal autopsies and Hirschsprung disease.”APCON 2015-64th annual conference of IAPM.
- Second prize in quiz conducted in Hematology at Hematology CME in 2015
- Sri.V.Manicassamy Endowment Prize in 2008 for outstanding performance in the subject of community medicine(Gold Medal)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Member of INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF PATHOLOGISTS AND MICROBIOLOGISTS (IAPM)
- 3. Clinical Nephropathology Certificate(CNC)from the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the American Nephrologists of Indian Origin (ANIO)
- 1. Manivannan P, Subramanian H. 2019. Diagnosis of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Current Perspectives from Recent Research. Chapter in Hematopathology : Advances in understanding. Springer Nature Singapore ltd. 2019. pp 211-230. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-7713-6.
- Subramanian H, Soudarssanane MB, Jayalakshmy R, Thiruselvakumar D, Navasakthi D, Sahai A, Saptharishi LG. Non-pharmacological interventions in hypertension: a community-based cross-over randomized controlled trial. Indian journal of community medicine: official publication of IAPSM. 2011 Jul;36(3):191.
ORIGINAL ARTICLES AND CASE REPORTS IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- Subramanian H, Badhe BA, Toi PC, Sambandan K. Morphometric profile of large intestinal neuronal plexuses in normal perinatal autopsies and Hirschsprung disease. Neurogastroenterology & Motility. 2017Mar1;29(3).
- Agarwal P, Toi PC, Subramanian H, Apoorva Lakshmi S. Prospective comparison of cytological specimen adequacy assessment by different rapid staining techniques for rapid on‐site evaluation in fine needle aspiration cytology and their cost‐effectiveness. Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2019 May;47(5):469-74.
- Subramanian H, Kar R, Charles D, Babu H, Ambika P, DuttaTK. A Confounding Case of Inherited Factor VDeficiency Complicated by Inhibitors at First Presentation. Transfusion Medicine and Hemotherapy. 2017;44(2):114-7.
- Subramanian H, GochhaitD, Ganesh RN, Govindarajalou R, Siddaraju N. Diagnosis of pseudo‐gout(calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease) clinched on cytology. Diagnostic cytopathology. 2018 Sep;46(9):748-51.
- Gochhait D, Rangarajan V, Subramanian H, Jacob SE, Siddaraju N, Chandrasekhar L. Foamy macrophages on cytosmear–the approach to diagnosis. Cytopathology. 2018 Dec;29(6):595-7.
- Gochhait D,Rangarajan V, Umamahesweran S, Subramanian H, Dehuri P, Siddaraju N. Neoplasms with cytoplasmic vacuoles–Many differential diagnoses on cytology.Cytopathology.2018 Oct;29(5):489-91.
- Stephen NS, Gochhait D, Dehuri P, Subramanian H,Goldar RS. Cytomorphology of proximal epithelioid sarcoma in the paratesticular location.Cytopathology.2018;29:386–389.
- Subramanian H, Parepalli D, Srinivas BH, Gochhait D, Sreerag KS. Primary renal angiosarcoma with lymph node metastasis: a rare intriguing malignancy with a grim outcome. Urology. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2021.02.016
ARTICLES IN NATIONAL JOURNALS
- Dey B, Gochhait D, Subramanian H, Ponnusamy M. Oncogenic Osteomalacia: An Approach to Diagnosis with a Case Report. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR.2017Apr;11(4):ED05.
- Sathiah P, Gochhait D, Dehuri P, Subramanian H. Diagnosis of Lafora Disease by Skin Biopsy. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research:JCDR.2017Sep;11(9):EJ01.
- ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF DERMATOPATHOLOGY SOCIETY OF INDIA 2017, JIPMER-Oral paper titled “Conceptual controversies and diagnostic dilemmas in the diagnosis of cutaneous adnexal tumors– Lessons from a spectrum study”
- International Renal Pathology Conference IRPC-2017 held at AIIMS New Delhi, India, presented original research work titled “Distribution of Natural Killer cells in renal allograft biopsies and its Correlation with Banff score”
- World Pediatrics Summit–2017 held at Rome, Original research work titled “Morphometric analysis of large intestinal neuronal plexuses, utility in diagnosing Hirschsprung disease”; presented by co-author
- HEMATOCON-2015 56th annual Conference Of Indian Society of Hematology anD Blood transfusion Held at Bengaluru, India, presented “Inherited factor V deficiency complicated by inhibitors at first presentation- confounders in laboratory testing”
- APCON-2014 63rd annual conference of IAPM held at AFMC, Pune, India; presented original researchwork titled “Combination immunohistochemistry in differentiating basal cell carcinoma from its morphological mimics”
- MEDICON2009 The second Asian and third national medical students’ research conference held at Mangalore,India; presented original researchwork titled “Community based cross-over Randomized controlled trial of non-pharmacological interventions in prevention and control of Hypertension among young adults”
- JSS 2008 Institute scientific committee, presented original researchwork titled“ Knowledge of Pulse polio immunization and poliomyelitis among healthstaffs
Key Procedures Performed
- Diagnostic hematopathology, flow cytometry, coagulation assays and clinical pathology with a special interest in onco-hematopathology in the diagnosis of Leukemia, Lymphoma and Multiple myelomas.
- Maintenance of lab quality standards as per JCI and NABL standards
- Diagnostic onco-hematology
- Bone marrow & stem cell transplantation and Research
English, Tamil, Hindi