Dr. Deepak M B had completed his of Master’s degree in Pathology and worked as an Assistant Professor in a Private medical college. He was actively involved in teaching and mentoring undergraduates/postgraduates apart from routine reporting. He undergone for the intense training (as SR and PDF) in the field of Laboratory Hematology from CMC, Vellore. Currently he is working as a Consultant at Narayana Health, Bangalore.
- MD (Pathology)
- PDF (Laboratory Hematology, CMC Vellore)
Fields of Expertise
- Bone marrow aspiration/Biopsy
- Lymph nodes
- Platelet Function Tests
- Thrombotic workup
- Post bone marrow transplantation chimerism
Awards & Recognition
- Quiz contest winner in 7th ACFC meet focused on Standardization and Awareness on Leukemia, Lymphoma and Minimal Residual Disease, on January 2021 organizedby BD Lifesciences – Biosciences.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Lifetime Member of The Cytometry Society, India
- Certification of attending workshop on Laboratory Diagnosis of Coagulation Disorders from 23-10-2017 to 28-10-2017.CMC, Vellore.
- Certification in Hands-on Workshop on Interphase FISH during February 8-10, 2017. CMC, Vellore.
- Certificate of completion of online flowcytometry courses organized by Flowcytometry solutions.
- Case report on 'Salphingitisisthmicanodosa in a fertile lady- An incidental finding' The Antiseptic.
- Case report on ‘Basaloid squamous cell carcinoma of tonsil- A rare and aggressive variant’ International Archives of Integrated Medicine.
- Case report on ‘Uterine endometroid carcinoma- A different scenario and its prognostic significance’ The Antiseptic. Presented Poster on ‘Chondroblastoma of talus in an athlete’ in APCON 2010.
- Presented poster on ‘Giant cell tumor of metatarsal bone in an elderly male’ in State Pre-Conference CME at JSS Medical College, Mysore – Oct2009.
- Articles on ‘Clinicopathological study of Benign and Malignant Soft Tissue Tumors’ (Retrospective and prospective study of 250 cases in a span of two and a half years) – Tropical Journal of pathology and Microbiology.
- Case report on ‘Primary Non Hodgkin Lymphoma of Breast’ IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences.
- Presented paper (Oral presentation) ‘Evaluation of various haematological parameters and iron status in voluntary male blood donors’ at the 59th Annual Conference of the ISHBT held in Kochi, Kerala from October 25-28, 2018
- Poster on ‘ Iron status influences platelet count in voluntary blood donors’ – 8 th Congress of the international BioIron Society, 5th -10th May at EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany.
- PDF Project – Uniform cohort study on Evaluation of various Newer RBC parameters (Sysmex XN9000 analyser) and iron status in voluntary male blood donors – study was conducted over a period of 1 year
- Flowcytometry and Cytogenetics
Kannada, Hindi, English, Tamil