Dr. Anushre Prasad had completed her MBBS from Sri Devraj Urs Medical College, Kolar. She also completed her MD in Biochemistry from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. She has a rich interest in Quality Assurance programs, Metabolic disorders, Academics, and Research. Currently, she joined Narayana Health as a Consultant in Biochemistry
- MD Biochemistry
Post held in past
- Assistant and Associate Professor at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Specialist in Clinical Chemistry, NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Ain, UAE.
Fields of Expertise
- Protein Electrophoresis
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism,
- Molecular biology techniques,
- Quality Assurance in clinical chemistry
Awards & Recognition
- Best Poster Presentation award at Periyar University, TN, Feb 2007 for the poster “Oxidative Protein Damage in Hypothyroidism”.
- Delivered a lecture on “Biochemical Diagnosis of Inborn errors of metabolism” at the 6th Annual Conference on Genetic and Molecular Diagnosis in Modern Medicine 2012, in Hyderabad, India
- “Diagnostic Impact on Inborn Errors of Metabolism” at Dept of Biochemistry, KMC Mangalore, Manipal University India in Mar 2013.
- “A diagnostic approach for inherited metabolic disorders in children” at Summer School for Research Scholars at MCOPS, Manipal University India in June 2013.
- “Biochemical and Molecular Markers in Cancer - An Update” organized by Dept of Biochemistry, KMC Manipal on 30th March 2012. - Participated as Organizing Secretary of the event.
- Participated in Hello KMC Programme, Namma TV on Jan 15th, 2012, and discussed “Importance of Renal function tests in Diagnosis and Prognosis of Renal Diseases”.
- An article titled “Blood tests in Diabetes Mellitus” in Arogyavani, (Udayavani Newspaper) was published on March 25th, 2012.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of Medical Biochemists of India (AMBI)
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC)
- Prasad A, Nayak S. Sodium Potassium ATPase, and Glucose - 6 – Phosphate Dehydrogenase Activity in Patients with Hyperthyroidism: A Comparison with Euthyroid Patients. Int J Endocrinol and Metab 2009; 1: 5 - 11.
- Anushre Prasad, Namita Rao: Erythrocyte glutathione system and plasma protein oxidation in thyroid dysfunction. Pharmacie Globale (IJCP) 2012; 3 (1): 1-4.
- Yousef Rezaei Chianeh, Jyoti Ahuja, Anushre Prasad. Evaluation of Oxidative Protein Damage in Patients with Hypercholesterolemia. NJIRM 2013; 4(4): 64-8.
- Priyanka D, Anushre P, Vijetha S, Shrikiran H, Suneel M, Pragna R. A Case of Sanfillippo’s Disease Correlating Clinical and Biochemical Findings. Ind J Clin Biochem 2014; DOI: 10.1007/s12291-014-0420-x.
- G RS, Choudhry AA, Prasad A, Lewis L, Shenoy RP, Rao P. Short Chain Acyl Co-A Dehydrogenase Deficiency-A Rare Inborn Error of Metabolism. NJIRM 2014; 5:125-7.
- Protein electrophoresis
- Molecular biology
- Metabolic disorders
- Academics and Research
Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, English