Dr. Rajeev R. Sinha is a Senior Consultant at Narayana Health with an experience of over 12 years in Liver Transplantation and an overall experience of more than 17 years. He completed his MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai and his MS (General Surgery) from B. J. Medical College and Sassoon Group of Hospitals, Pune. After that, he went to USA and completed his Multi-Organ Abdominal Transplant Fellowship from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He is member of American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS). He was previously associated with Kovai Medical Center and Hospitals, Coimbatore as a Senior Consultant – Liver Institute and was a Senior Consultant, Center for Liver Diseases and Transplantation, Apollo Group of Hospitals, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Area of Expertise
- TRANSPLANTS - Cadaveric Liver Transplant, Living Related Liver Transplant, Pediatric Liver Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomies, Combined Liver and Kidney Transplant, Kidney Transplant and Combined Kidney and Pancreas Transplant.
- OTHER SURGERIES - Bloodless Liver Resections, Complex Biliary and Pancreatic surgery, Robotic Liver Resections (Benign and Malignant), Surgeries for Portal Hypertension, Venous and Peritoneal Dialysis access surgeries.
- RESEARCH INTERESTS - Antibody-Mediated Rejection, ABO incompatible Transplants, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Intestinal Transplant and Multi-Visceral Transplant, Transplantation Immunology and Immunosuppressive Therapies.
- Best Clinical and Teaching Fellow in surgery- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals-2013-14.
- Board certified organ procurement surgeon in “GIFT OF LIFE”, Philadelphia- the largest Organ Procurement Organization (OPO) in USA.
- Certified DaVinci Robot trained surgeon.
- Involved in many first’s amongst transplants-
- First successful Domino Transplant for FAP in India- listed in World FAP/ Domino registry at Stockholm, Sweden.
- First Successful intestinal Transplant performed in India.
- Teaching Faculty and mentor- “Organ Procurement and Transplantation course”- 2017- PSG group of hospitals, Coimbatore.
- Teaching Faculty- Hands on Vascular Suturing and Liver Surgical Workshop organized in association with Ethicon- 2016 and 2017, Coimbatore and 2018- Chennai.
- Faculty at many other national and international conferences.
He has presented several papers/posters/presentations in National & International Journals and Conferences
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS)
- International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS)
- Liver Transplantation Society of India (LTSI)
- Indian Society of Organ transplantation (ISOT)
- American Society of Surgeons (ASI)