Dr. Madhavi K V is an MD in Gen. Medicine and is also a member of EAACI. She has years of experience in the field and currently awaiting fellowship of AAAAI.
Fields of Expertise
Key Procedures Performed
- Independently handled allergy patients including allergy skin testing, complete workup and management.
- Treated about 100 outpatients per week, including initial work up, investigations, treatment and follow up
- Handled emergencies including acute myocardial infarction, status asthmaticus and status epilepticus.
- Allergen skin prick test for most common prevalent allergens. Interpretation and advice regarding avoidance.
- Intradermal testing for aspergillus and house dust mite.
- Sublingual and subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy.
- Drug challenge testing
- Aspirin challenge testing
- Along with General Medicine skills
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Membership: EAACI ( European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology)
Posts Held in the past
- Consultant : Department of Internal Medicine and Allergy at Narayana Health, Bangalore (November 2013 - 31st March 2015).
- Assistant Professor (General Medicine) : Rajarajeshwari Medical college, Bangalore (June 2010 - Nov 2010).
- Senior resident : Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad in the department of Emergency Medicine. (December 2009 - March 2010)
- Presented a research paper at an international allergy conference SAM 2014 held at Poland titled "Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis caused by Carbimazole"
- Presented research paper in ICAAICON-2014 "Prevalence of allergen sensitization and allergic rhinitis in Asthmatics" and "Tracheobronchomalacia in a patient with severe persistent asthma"
English, Hindi, Kannada. Understand Telugu and Tamil