George K Varghese has MBBS, MD and MSC. He serves as a senior consultant in internal medicine and infectious disease and currently working as a Senior Consultant at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center, Bommasandra, Bangalore.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Life Member Association of Physicians of India
- Life Member & Member Executive Council of the Infectious Disease Society of India
- Executive Committee Member of the Clinical Infectious Disease Society of India
- Life Member AIDS Society of India.
- Founder Member Indian Leptospirosis Society
- Member of the International Society of Infectious Diseases.
- Member of the Infectious Disease Society of America & HIV Medicine Association
- Bacterial organisms and antimicrobial resistance patterns. Varghese GK,Mukhopadhya C, Bairy I, Vandana KE, Varma M. JAPI 2010 Dec; 58 suppl S 23-24
- Screening at admission for carrier prevalence of multidrug-resistant organisms in resource constrained settings: A hospital based observational study. Vandana KE, Varghese G, Krishna S, et al. J Hosp Infect (2010); 76:180-81
- Pulmonary nocardiosis presenting with cardiac tamponade and bilateral pleural effusion in a HIV patient. Chandrashekar UK, Acharya V, Varghese GK, Chawla K. Trop Doct 2009 Jul; 39(3) 184-6
- Meliodosis-a case series from south India. Saravu K, Vishwanath S, Kumar RS, Barkur AS, Varghese GK, Mukhopadya C, Bairy I. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2008 Dec; 102 suppl 1: S 18-20
- Hypodermic needles in the liver. Muddaiah M, Varghese GK. J Postgrad Med 2008 Oct-Dec: 324-5
- Hospital acquired infection rate in India utilizing point prevalence surveillance. Abraham TK, Satyashankar P, Varghese GK, Sudhakar C, Bhaskaran VP. J of the Acad of Hosp Admin. 2007 Dec; 19 (1&2): 5-9
- Case report of idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Muddiah M, Varghese GK Calfim J of Intern. Med. 2006 Jan; 2 (1): 33-35
- Evaluation and treatment of HIV-related illnesses in the emergency department. Varghese GK, Crane LR. Ann Emerg Med 1994 Sep; 24(3): 503 11. Review
- Microfilariae in bronchial brushing cytology of symptomatic pulmonary lesions:A report of two cases. Anupindi L, Sahoo R, Rao RV, Verghese G, Rao PV.Acta Cytoi 1993 May-Jun; 37 (3) 397-9
- Emergence of multidrug-resistant Salmonella typhi in rural southern India. Rao PS, Rajashekar V, Varghese GK, Shivananda PG. Am J Trop Med Hyg 1993 Jan; 48 (1): 108-11
- Filarial nephritis: a cause of nephritic syndrome. Rao RV, Anupindi L,Chatterjee A, Varghese GK, Krishnanand BR. Trop Geogr Med. 1993; 45 (4):180-1
- Nocardia brasiliensis meningitis. Varghese GK, Ramani R, Bhat KR,Shivananda PG. Postgrad Med J 1992 Dec; 68 (806): 986
- Submitted in February 2010 to the Ind J Med Sci: Hypoalbuminemia in acute febrile illnesses - a marker of disease severity. Sharat V, Varghese GK
Post Held in Past
- Former Chairman, Kasturba Hospital Infection Control Committee