Dr.Niranjana has done his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore. He has done his M.S General Surgery from Dr. B.R Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore. Later, he did his MRCS from Royal College, Edinburgh. He has vast experience Clinically & Academically in General Surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology.
Fields of Expertise
Dr. Niranjana is competent in performing both elective & emergency surgical procedures. He can perform emergency surgeries like Appendicectomie (open & lab), Laparotomies for DU perforation/diverticular perforation/bowel obstruction, etc. He can perform diagnostic endoscopic procedures as well. Electively can perform lap cholecystectomies, hernias, hemicolectomie, surgery for haemorrhoids etc. He can also independently perform Colorectal procedures.
Key Procedures Performed
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair
- Surgery for anal fissure & fistula
- Abscess drainage
- Abdominal trauma surgery
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- General Medical Council, UK
- Association of Surgeon of India
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Dr. Niranjana has done the research on 'A Clinicopathological Study Of Surgical Jaundice'. This was the Prospective observational study to evaluate consecutive patients admitted with obstructive jaundice that underwent surgical intervention.
- Dr. Niranjana has audited many surgeries related to Surgery & Emergencies, Abdominal Pain, Acute Appendicitis.
Posts Held in Past
- Consultant Surgeon at Nova Speciality Hospitals, Bangalore Senior Registrar in General Surgery at Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, UK.
- Senior Resident in Plastic Surgery at Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore.
Hindi, English, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Marathi