Dr Rangarajan Kasturi has compleated MBBS from AIMS, Bellur (Mysore university) in 1999 and moved abroad to the UK for higher studies. He completed the MRCP in General Medicine at Manchester (Fairfield hospital, Bury) followed by gastroenterology specialist training in Birmingham in the UK National Health Service. He worked as a Consultant gastroenterologist in the NHS from 2012 to 2015. Currently he is working as Consultant Medical Gastroenterology at Narayana Health City, Bangalore.
- MBBS MRCP(Gastroenterology) FRCP(Edin) FRCP(Lon) CCT(UK)
Post held in past
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Walsall NHS Trust, UK
Fields of Experience
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and pancreatic disorders.
Awards & Recognition
- Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians of London.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Karnataka medical council, General Medical
- Council (UK) British
- Society of Gastroenterology
- White Nipple Sign- Case report Kasturi R, Patodi N, Ahmed M, Lim C Frontline Gastroenterol 2012;3:216 doi:10.1136/flgastro-2011-100081
- Challenges in endoscopy and histological diagnosis of celiac disease Rostami K, Kasturi R, Villanacci V, Bassotti G, Zambelli A. Endoscopy 2011; 43: 375-375 Letter to editor explaining our concerns regarding pitfalls in celiac diagnosis.
Posters and Presentations
- Bullous cutaneous vasculitis-a rare side effect to adalimumab therapy Gut 2015;64:A443-A444 doi:10.1136/gutjnl-2015-309861.972 Authors- UN Shivaji, A Awasthi, R Kasturi, K Desai This was a case report in UK Digestive Disease Forum conference 2015, presented in poster format.
- Use of Self Expanding Metal Stents (SEMS) in the palliation of malignant gastric outlet obstruction - a ten year, single centre experience Authors: R. Kasturi, M. Ahmed Poster presentation at the Midland Gastroenterological Society meeting Nov 2010
- Mutual influence of interferon and infliximab treatment on the natural history of Crohns disease and Hepatitis C Authors: R.Kasturi, M. Love, D. Mutimer, J. Goh. Poster presentation at Midland Gastroenterological Society July 2009
- A Web Based Endoscopy Referral and Triage System for Quality Assurance Authors: R.Kasturi, G.Clifford, E.Said, J.Singh, A.Saeed. Poster and oral presentation at British Society of Gastroenterology annual conference 2007 Published as an abstract in GUT journal volume 56 supplement no II It was selected as best poster in the service development session
- How to Achieve an A in timeliness- Capacity and Demand Management in Endoscopy services- Oral Presentation at British Society of Gastroenterology annual conference 2007: Authors: R.Kasturi, E.Said, S.Pearson, A.Reddy, J.Singh, A.Saeed. Published as an abstract in GUT journal volume 56 supplement no II
- Dyspepsia referral and management guidelines, implications and cost effectiveness in community and hospital practice Authors: M. Kasimanickam, E. Said, R. Kasturi, J. Singh, A. Saeed Poster presented in the Irish Society of Gastroenterology annual meeting 2007.
- Colonoscopy outcome can be improved by using multiple assessment criteria E.Said, R.Kasturi, M. Kasimanickam, A.Reddy, J.Singh, A.Saeed This abstract was presented as a poster at UEGW annual meet 2007
- Conscious sedation and colonoscopy: are we neglecting patient's comfort for safety? Authors-Hancock J, Nylander D, Tirou K, Zubair S, Kasturi R, Connelly M, Gilbank B, Painter J, Bell GD BSG annual meeting poster presentation - 2006
Key Procedures Performed
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy- diagnostic and therapeutic (over 10000 procedures), Capsule endoscopy, Manometry and Ph studies.
English, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi