Dr. Somasekhar did his MBBS from Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellur and his Diploma in Child Medicine from prestigious Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore. Further, he has done his Diplomate of National Board (DNB) from Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bangalore. He has done his Fellowship in Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London.
Fields of Expertise
- Routine, emergency paediatric & neonatal cases.
- Peripheral venous cannulations.
- Lumbar puncture.
- Bone marrow biopsies.
- Special training in the care of the newborn infant with special attention to feeding and identification of risk factors metabolic, infections, and other neonatal disorders.
- Managing neonatal ICU.
- Neonates with respiratory distress.
- Birth asphyxia.
- Scot JX, Moses PD, Somashekar HR, Sathish Kumar T. Paraneoplastic papilloedema in a child with neuroblastoma. Indian J Cancer. 2005 Apr-Jun; 42(2): 102-3
- Somashekar HR, Moses PD, Pavithran S, Mathew LG, Agarwal I, Rolain JM, Raoult D, Varghese GM, Mathai E. Magnitude and features of scrub typhus and spotted fever in children in India. J Tropical Pediatrics. 2006 Jun; 52(3): 228-9.
- Rolain JM, Mathai E, Lepidi H, Somashekar HR, Mathew LG, Prakash JA, Raoult D, Candidatus Rickettsia kelly India, Emerg infect dis. 2006 Mar; 12(3): 483-5.
Posts Held in Past
- Specialist Registrar, Paediatric Hepatology, Birmingham children's Hospital Birmingham.
- Clinical Fellow, Paediatric Liver, GI Nutrition Centre King's College Hospital, London.
- Consultant Paediatrician, Department of Paediatrics, CSI Holdsworth Memorial Hospital, Mysore.
- Consultant Paediatrician, Department of Paediatrics, Cauvery Hospital, Mysore.
- Consultant Paediatrician, Department of Paediatrics, CSI Redfern memorial Hospital Hassan.