Dr Poorva has completed her MBBS from Dr D.Y.Patil Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra. She has received training in MS Otorhinolaryngology from the same institution.
She specializes in Endoscopic ear and Nose surgeries.
- MS ENT
Post held in past
- 13 months – Senior Resident – Dr . D . Y . Patil medical college Pimpri Pune.
- 13 months – Senior Resident - MIMER Medical College, Talegaon, Pune
- 9 months – Junior Consultant – Ruby Hall Clinic, Hinjewadi & Pimple saudagar Pune.
- 2 years 4 months - Consultant Surgeon - Pristyn Care, Pune & Mumbai
- Current – Consultant – Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, HSR, Bangalore.
Fields of Expertise
- Dr Poorva is competent in performing emergency and elective ENT procedure for Otology(ear), Rhinology( nose) and Laryngology(throat) . Her special interest is in Endoscopic Ear and Nose Surgeries.
Awards & Recognition
- First runner-up for the poster presentation titled “ASYMPTOMATIC MIDLINE CYSTIC SWELLING WITH AN UNUSUAL OUTCOME” at MENTCON 2015 held in Mumbai.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of Otorhinolaryngology of India, (AOI).
- Dr Poorva Kale, Dr Anju Unnikrishnan, Dr James Thomas, and Dr Rashmi Prashant. Unusual Presentation of Mastoid Abscess. Journal of Evidence-Based Medicine and Healthcare 2016;3(30).
- Dr. Mayur Ingale, Dr. Anshuman Roy, Dr. James Thomas, Dr. Poorva Kale. Association of Age of Patient And Hearing Loss: Qualitative Study. Indian Journal of Basic And Applied Medical Research 2016;5(3).
Key Procedures Performed
- Myringotomy with Grommet insertion
- Septoplasty with turbinate reduction
- Endoscopic Tympanoplasty
- Cervical lymph node excision
- Surgeries for sleep apnea
- Microlaryngeal surgeries
- Flexible nasopharyngoscopy
- Flexible videolaryngoscopy
- Pre auricular sinus tract excision
English, Hindi, Marathi; Working knowledge of Gujrathi, Konkani.