Dr. Ria Emmanuel works as a Consultant ENT surgeon at Narayana Hrudayala HSR hospital and Narayana clinic, Sarjapur road. In addition, she is a Fellow at the World Skull Base Society (Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore). She also completed specialized training in Allergy and Immunotherapy, from Allergy Asthma Clinic Bangalore (Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Bengaluru)
She completed 3 years of senior residency at Manipal Hospital Old Airport Road, Bangalore, and DNB Otorhinolaryngology from Narayana Hrudayala, Bangalore (National Board of Education, New Delhi).
She has completed her MBBS from Government Medical College, Kottayam, Kerala.
- MBBS, DNB ENT, MNAMS
- Specialised in Allergy and Immunotherapy
Post held in past
- Consultant ENT Doctor at Narayana Hrudyalaya, HSR hospital, BDA clinic, and Sarjapura road (June 2017 - Nov 2018)
- Registrar at Department of ENT, Manipal Hospital Old Airport Road, Bangalore (Nov 2018 – Sept 2021)
Fields of Expertise
- Dr. Ria Emmanuel is competent in performing emergency and elective ENT procedures for Otology(ear), Rhinology(nose), Laryngology(throat), and Head and neck surgeries. She has a special interest in the diagnosis of Allergy, Sinusitis, Voice disorders, Hearing loss, Tinnitus, Vertigo, Pediatric airway disorders, Sleep apnea, and head and neck surgeries.
Awards & Recognition
- Completed specialized training in Allergy and Immunotherapy, including Skin Prick Test and Sub Lingual Immunotherapy 2018-2019 at Bangalore Allergy Centre (Vydehi medical college)
- World Skull Base Fellowship Diploma from World Skull Base Society (Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore) -Ongoing 2020 – 2021
- Won 1st prize in quiz program in the Advanced course on diagnosis of allergy and immunotherapy, Jan 2019
- Won third prize in Quiz program in the AOIKCON –South zone Conference, 2015
- Awarded “Women Warrior” during the covid pandemic – Children’s Airway and swallowing centre, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of Otorhinolaryngology of India, (AOI).
- Member of National Academy of medical sciences
- Member of Deglutology Research Foundation
- Member of Young Otolaryngologists-International Federation of Otorhinolaryngological Societies (YO-IFOS)
- “Endoscopic repair of laryngeal clefts 8 years’ experience”, Indian Journal of otolaryngology Head and neck surgery, Feb 2021
- “Fibrous Dysplasia of Ethmoid and anterior skull base”, Indian Journal of Anatomy and Surgery of head neck and brain, March 2020
- “Laryngeal Verrucae Vulgaris – an unusual presentation”, Journal of laryngology and voice, Nov 2020
- “A case of Oncocytic Schneiderian Papilloma”, AOIKCON 2015
Key Procedures Performed
- Adenotonsillectomy, Myringotomy with Grommet insertion, Septoplasty with turbinate reduction, Functional Endoscopic sinus surgery, Tympanoplasty, Mastoidectomy, Cervical lymph node excision, Thyroidectomy, Salivary gland excision, surgeries for sleep apnea, Microlaryngeal surgeries, Tracheostomy.
- Drug-induced Sleep Endoscopy, flexible nasopharyngoscopy, flexible videolaryngoscopy, Stroboscopy, Skin Prick tests for diagnosis of allergy, and Immunotherapy.
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Working knowledge of Kannada, Tamil, Telugu