Dr Shivaprasad KS completed his MBBS from Mysore Medical College, Bangalore in 2003. He went on to complete his MD from Vijayanagara Institute of Medical College, Bangalore in 2008. He completed his DM in Endocrinology in 2014 from the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research and Seth Sukhlal Karnani Memorial Hospital in Kolkata. He began working as an Assistant Professor in the department of medicine at the Vijayanagara Institute of Medical College from 2008 till 2011. From 2011 to 2014, he was a resident in the Department of Endocrinology. Since the year 2014, he has been working as the Consultant Endocrinologist at Apollo Hospital in Bangalore and has been actively involved in the planning and implementation of Apollo Sugar Program and the osteoporosis screening program. He also trains medical professionals as a part of the Diabetes Fellowship program at Apollo in partnership with Royal Liverpool Academy. He is also the assistant professor of department of endocrinology, Rajarajeshwari Medical College, Bangalore since 2015. He is involved in both clinical and academic work.
- Assistant professor, Department of Medicine, Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary from October 2008 to July 2011.
- Consultant Endocrinologist, Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta road, Bengaluru from Oct 2014 to Sep 2016.
- Consultant Endocrinologist, Narayana Health city, Bangalore since October 2016 onwards
Field of Expertise
- Diabetes, thyroid, metabolic bone disease, clinical endocrinology, nutrition, acromegaly, cushing syndrome, hypertension, insulin resistance, glucose metabolism, lipid metabolism, pediatric endocrinology
- Has published work in over 12 Indian journals. Including a poster presentation.
Posts Held in the past
Resident, Assistant Professor