He is an expert in dealing with all kinds of metabolic and hormonal dysfunction and fluctuation – especially those related to the thyroid and adrenal glands. This qualifies him to deal with diabetes management and monitoring protocols and Geriatric medicine. He worked as a faculty member at St John's Medical College Hospital between 2009 and 2013. His main consultation location is Dr. Anantharaman’s Clinic at BTM layout, South Bangalore. He is also available as a Consultant Endocrinologist at Apollo Hospital Bannerghatta Road and a Visiting Consultant at Bangalore Memorial Hospital - a charitable hospital. He is a certified Endocrinologist with training from premier educational institutions in the country. He has 8 years of experience in treating patients with complex Endocrine disorders namely - Diabetes including gestational diabetes, Thyroid disorders, Disorders of pituitary and adrenal gland, Delayed or abnormally early puberty, Poor or accelerated growth, Male and female sexual problems ,Bone fragility and osteoporosis, Subfertility in both males and females, Hormone imbalance leading to excess hair growth or irregular periods in females. I believe in teamwork and for the last few years been assisted by an able team of Diabetes nurse, Dietitian and pharmacy assistants at Magna center.
Most of the conditions I treat require lifelong follow-up and or treatment. I’m committed to following up the patients in an effective, convenient and cost-efficient over a long period of time. Magna Centre Has an Electronic medical record which enables seamless communication and good record keeping.
I’m also an avid reader and do a lot of public speaking regarding endocrinology and diabetes to both lay and professional audience.
Field of Expertise
- Diabetes: Management of Diabetic foot ulcers
- Thyroid Disorders: especially during pregnancy; and thyroid nodules
- Sexual Medicine and Andrology
- Osteoporosis and Bone fragility assessment
- Adrenal disorders
Area of Interest
- Care of diabetic foot
- Thyroid nodule evaluation
- Sexualmedicine and andrology, Adrenal disorders
- Paediatric endocrinology
Hindi, English, Kannada,Tamil
Awards & Recognition
- Submitted a Paper titled “Nuclear Morphometry In Breast FNAC ” to - The Institute Research Society while in Final Year M.B.B.S.
- Received “The Best Gentleman Student” award from among the Students of the batch of 1996 for academic and non-academic excellence.
- Won many prizes in intercollegiate cultural festivals. For literary events.
- Gold medal for highest marks at the University Exams of MD General Medicine.
- Won the VoglitorMD young scholar award in Endocrinology in April 2008.
- Submitted a dissertation entitled “A study of telmisartan and combination of telmisartan and ramipril in type1 diabetes with nephropathy”.
- Cleared the final examination for DM endocrinology in December 2008.
- Tenure as S/R completed on June 30th 2009 and awarded degree DM endocrinology.
- Anantharaman R, Bhansali A, Bhadada SK, Kohli HS, Dutta P, Walia R, et al. Anti-albuminuric efficacy of a combination of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor & angiotensin receptor blocker in type 1 DM with nephropathy. Indian J Med Res. 2010 Jul;132:42-7.
- Anantharaman R, Bhansali A, Bhadada SK, Kohli HS, Walia R, Shanmugasundar G, et al. A pilot study on the effect of telmisartan & ramipril on 24 h blood pressure profile & dipping pattern in type 1 diabetes patients with nephropathy. Indian J Med Res. 2011 Nov;134(5):658-63.
- Bhadada SK, Bhansali A, Das S, R Anantharaman, Rao SD. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura following zoledronic acid infusion with a fatal outcome. BMJ Case Reports. 2009 January 1, 2009;2009.
- Bhansali A, Gopal S, Ramakrishnan A, Ravikumar P, Bhadada SK, Walia R, et al. Milk-Alkali Syndrome-Without Milk. The Endocrinologist. 2010;20(2):48-9 10.1097/TEN.0b013e3181d4aaee.
- Bhansali A, Jayaprakash P, Dutta P, Walia R, Anantharaman R, Modi M. Hashimoto's encephalopathy: an underdiagnosed entity. BMJ Case Rep. 2009;2009.
Posts Held in the past
Worked as senior resident(S/R) in department of Endocrinology PGIMER for 3 years.