Dr. Pavithra Nagaraj, Consultant Paediatric Endocrinology at NH- Mazumdar Shaw Medical Centre with 7 years experience in the field of Paediatrics and 2 years in Pediatric Endocrinology completed her MBBS from M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore in 2007 and MD Paediatrics from JNMC, Belgaum in 2012. she was working as an Assistant professor in the department of Pediatrics at B.R. Ambedkar Medical College and then later in M.S. Ramaiah Medical College till March 2019. She then took a break from her post as Assistant Professor to pursue her training and certificate (Fellowship) in Pediatric Endocrinology from a prime educational institute (Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health) in Bangalore in the year 2018.
Fields of Expertise
- Thyroid disorders
- Obesity/ Overweight
- Growth disorders- Short/ Tall
- Hormonal dysfunction - related to Adrenal, Pituitory
- Pubertal issues- early or delayed puberty
- Metabolic bone conditions, skeletal dysplasia, Rickets
- Disorders of sex development
- PCOD (excess facial hair, irregular periods)
Awards & Recognition
- In the field of SPORTS – - “KREEDA JYOTHI” in the year 1997 for excellence in table tennis. - “JC KHEL RATHNA” in 2016 on Women’s day.
- Presented posters at International conferences - ISPAD 2018, Hyderabad on - Diabetic neuropathy- an early manifestation - APS- a diagnosis not to miss
- APPES Fellows School 2018, at Chiang Mai, Thailand and presented on Mc Cune Albright Syndrome.
- APPES 2018 Conference at Chiang Mai, Thailand and presented poster on - Precocious puberty in boys- different eitiology - Type I Diabetes Mellitus- A missed diagnosis
- Paper presentations at the State and National conferences
Professional Memberships& Certifications
- ISPAD- International Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Diabetes
- APPES- Asia Pacific Paediatric Endocrine Society
- ISPAE- Indian Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology
- IAP- Indian Academy of Paediatrics
- ESPE: European society of Paediatric Endocrinology
Posts Held in the past
- Senior Resident in the Department of Paediatric at CHORD ROAD Hospital, Bangalore from 2012-2013.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatric, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore 2014 Jan - 2014 November.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatric at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, November 2014 till March 2019 with experience of 2 years in Paediatric Endocrinology.
Kannada, English and Hindi