Dr. Uday B Khanolkar is a Cardiologist at Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore. He has more than three decades of experience in his medical field. He specializes in coronary angiography and angioplasty. His area of expertise lies in Mitraclip Procedure, TAVI, PTCA, Peripheral angioplasty with atherectomy & stenting, CRT, ICD. Dr. Uday B Khanolkar completed MBBS, MD in Cardiology, DM in Cardiology from Mumbai University.
Fields of Expertise
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- Percutaneous Peripheral Angioplasty
- Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty
- Percutaneous Coil embolisation of Saccular Aneurysm and Vascular Malformation
- IVC filter deployment for prevention of Pulmonary Embolism
- Percutaneous Device Closure of ASD and PDA, Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Cardiological Society of India
- Indian college of Cardiology
- Interventional Society for Cardiac Interventions
- Dr. Khanolkar has been advisor to the Health care Committee OF FICCI-2000
- Chairman Health Care Committee-GCCI 2005 onwards
- Member-Managing Committee GCCI 2009 onwards
- Member Health Advisory Council-Government of GOA
- Unruptured Aneurysm of Sinus Valsalva: Report of 2 Cases-Indian Heart Journal 41:68:1989
- Double outlet left ventricle with Cortriatrium dexter-indian Heart journal 42:5:1990
- Superior-Inferior Ventricles: Report of 6 Cases - American Heart Journal 121: 1234:1991
- Percutaneous Transluminal Rotational Atherectomy for treatment of in-stent Restenosis-Indian Heart Journal 48:281:1996
Posts Held in Past
- National Heart & Lung institute & Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK.
- Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute, Bangalore, India.
- Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore, India.
- Apollo Victor Hospital, Goa.
- Salgaocar Medical & Research Centre, Goa.
- Manipal Hospital, Goa.
English, Hindi and Kannada
Areas of Interest
- Mitra Clip Procedure
- Stent grafting aortic aneurysm
- Peripheral angioplasty with atherectomy and stenting
- Carotid Angioplasty and stenting