Dr. Sunitha Abraham has done her MBBS from Government Medical College, Kottayam, MD General Medicine from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and DNB in Cardiology from Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. She worked in Apollo Hospitals as a registrar and performed many cardiac related procedures independently and under supervision. She has also authored and co authored several publications throughout the course of her career.
Fields of Expertise
- Multivessel Coronary angioplasty.
- Graft angioplasty.
- Primary angioplasty.
- Septal embolisation.
- Placement of coronary stent grafts.
- Aortic and pulmonary valvotomies.
- Device closure of ASD's.
- Interruption of PDA's.
- Major aortopulmonary collaterals.
- Carotid and renal angioplasties.
- All modes of permanent pacemakers including ICD's.
• Correlation between echocardiographically determined Left atrial size and atrial fibrillation in rheumatic valvular heart disease with predominant mitral stenosis. API 1996.
• Immediate and long term follow up of severe LV dysfunction who underwent CABG with IABP support. CSI 1998.
• Septal artery chemoablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy—artery chemoablation, CSI 1998.
• Profile of female patients undergoing a coronary angiogram at a tertiary centre, CSI 1999.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council
Posts Held in Past
• Registrar: Apollo Hospitals, Chennai