Dr Shetty is a highly experienced Cardiologist with a rich educational and vocational background. He has authored more than 112 publications in several national and international magazines of repute.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Secretary: Cardiological Society of India, Bangalore Chapter, 1996-97.
- Member: Cardiological Society of India.
- Founder Member: Indian College of Cardiology.
- Fellow: Indian College of Cardiology.
- Paclitaxel eluting stents-Clinical Follow Up, Indian Heart Journal, (2004); 56:129-30
- Clinical and Angiographic Characteristics of coronary artery disease in Asian patients below 35 years of age, Indian Heart Journal,(2004); 56:37-39
- Endovascular treatment for dissecting thoracic aortic aneurysm-Our initial experience,Indian Heart Journal, (2004); 55:236
- Association of Right bundle branch block after intracardiac repair for tetralogy of Fallot, Indian Heart Journal (2004); 55,277-8.
- Head-Up tilt test in evaluation of syncope, Indian Heart Journal (2003);50:552-3.
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy-A case report. Indian Heart Journal. (2003);50:553-4.
- Intracoronary Abciximab in percutaneous coronary angioplasty in thrombus containing lesions, Indian Heart Journa, (2003); 51:649-10.
- A comparative evaluation of the efficacy and tolerability of sodium picosulphate and bisacodyl for the relief of constipation in patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Indian Medical Gazette.(2002); 136:18-20.
- Atrial Fibrillation-An Update. Bombay Hospital Journal.(2002); 100(1):1-3.
- Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects-An analysis. (2002); 54:608-9.
- Facilitated Thrombolysis in acute myocardial infarction.Indian Heart Journal.(2002); 54:477-82
- Radiofrequency ablation in Supraventricular tachycardia: Single center experience.Indian Heart Journal.(2002);54:366-7
- Stress Testing-Pitfalls and limitations. Asian Journal of Cardiology (2001);15:102-4
- Transcatheter closure of Ductus arteriosus. Indian Heart Journal. (2001); 45:601-2.
- Cardiac Echinococcosis-A case report. JAPI Journal of Association of Physicians of India).(2001);49:19-22.
- Are Stents being overused ? Bombay Hospital Journal. (1999);41:233-5.
- Coronary Angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction. Indian Heart Journal.(1998);23:112-5.
- Primary coronary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction. Indian Heart Journal (1996); 48:537-9.
- Bail-out surgery for failed coronary angioplasty- An Australian experience. Indian Heart Journal.(1996); 48:486-9
- Streptokinase in acute myocardial infarction-A multicenter study in an Indian setting. Indian Heart Journal (1993);45:189-94
- Thrombolysis and right ventricular infarction. Salvage or No salvage ? Indian Heart Journal.(1991);43:271-4
- Third world profile of racial differences in thrombolytic effects of streptokinase.Circulation (1991);84(5):2205-6.
- Non-invasive evaluation of reperfusion in acute myocardial infarction after intravenous streptokinase therapy in Indian patients- A multicenter study Indian Heart Journal (1990);42:227-9
- Low dose metoprolol in acute myocardial infarction. Indian Heart Journal. (1989); 41:640-1
- Heart rate response to exercise in post myocardial infarction patients. Indian Heart Journal. (1988); 40:320-2
- A study on dose related response to metoprolol in acute myocardial infarction. Indian Heart Journal(1986); 30:315-7
- Role of right precordial electrocardiography in the diagnosis of right ventricular infarction. JAPI (Journal of Association of Physicians of India) (1985); 36:645-7.
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of the Morphology and function of the Right Ventricle in Eisenmenger's syndrome and Idiopathic Pulmonary Hypertension. Indian Heart Journal. (2006); 58:1-4
Posts Held in Past
- Professor and Head, Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Cardiac Science, Bangalore, 2001- to date
- Professor & Head of Cardiology, Rajiv Gandhi University of Medical Science, Bangalore,1999-to date
- Professor & Head of Cardiology, St. John's Medical College Bangalore, India, 1998-2001
- Associate Professor,St. John's Medical College, 1994-1998