Dr. George Cherian did his MBBS & MD from prestigious Christian Medical College, Vellore and his DM Cardiology from Massachusetts General Hospital. He worked as a professor at national & international medical colleges in the cardiac speciality. Dr. George has also worked as HOD - Cardiology Department at CMC, Vellore. He also worked as president for Cardiac Society of India. Dr. George has done more than 225 publications in various national & international journals. He is highly interested in his research in Rheumatic Heart Disease, Cardiomyopathy, Pericardial Diseases, Coronary Artery Diseases.
Fields of Expertise
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Pericardial Diseases
- Coronary Artery Diseases in Young
Awards & Recognition
- Dr. George Cherian is the recipient of many awards from Indian Council of Medical Research, Indian Medical Council, Cardiac Society of India.
- Dr. George Cherian was ranked 1st in MBBS from Madras University. He has also received the First Certificate of Merit in Medicine, Surgery, Midwifery from the Christian Medical College, Vellore.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- National Board in Cardiology, India
- Past President- Cardiac Society of India
Rheumatic Heart Disease, Cardiomyopathy, Pericardial Diseases, Coronary Artery Diseases in Young
- Dr. George Cherian has done more than 225 publications in various national & international journals. Few of his research papers were included in renowned cardiology books.
Posts Held in the past
- Consultant Cardiologist & HOD - Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore
- Professor of Medicine (Faculty of Medicine) - Kuwait University
- Consultant Cardiologist & Chairman - Chest Hospital, Kuwait