Dr. Gurappa Shetty Gojanur has done his M.B.B.S. from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli and his M.D. in General Medicine from M.R. Medical College, Gulbarga. Then he was trained for two years and seven months in the Department of Cardiology as Senior Resident at Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences and earned the degree of Diploma Of National Board Cardiology. He has done his D.M. in Cardiology from Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi. He has been awarded Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology in 2000 & 2006. Dr. Guruppa is highly active in participating in clinical trials and many of his articles were published in various national and international journals.
Posts Held in the past
- J.S.S. Medical College, Mysore
- J. N. Medical College, Belgaum
- Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- I.M.S., B.H.U., VARANASI
- John's Medical College Hospital, Bangalore
- Belhoul Apollo Hospital, Dubai
Fields of Expertise
- Managing Cardiac patients.
- "Management of Patient with Mechanical Prosthetic Heart Valve" in cardiology updated 99. Published by indian college of cardiology annual conference at Varanasi.
- "Diagnosis and Management of Atrial Fibrillation" Publish in St. John's Medical College Journal of Medicine, December 199 Page 22-26
Drug (statin) induced Rhabdomyolysis case report. Published in Karnataka Journal of medical sciences. Vol.4,number 4.oct-dec 2001; page 19-20
- Spontaneous carotid Artery dissection" case report. Published in Karnataka journal of medical sciences, Vol 1 No 1 and 2, Jan- march and Apr -Jun 2002 page 7-8
- Trans catheter closure of Aorta Pulmonary window using Amplatzir device. Journal of Catheter and Cardiovascular intervention 2003;59;402-405
- Acquired Aortopulmonary Fistula. Shenoy Ar, naik GD, Varghese K Shetty GG. Iyengar SS. Indian Heart Journal 2003. May-June;55(3)268-71.