Dr. Akshitha did her MBBS from the esteemed B.J Medical College, Pune. After completing her DNB General Surgery, she did 2 years HBNI fellowship in Breast Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. She has done MRCS (Ed) from prestigious The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Apart from this, she is also actively involved in Basic & Translational Research Laboratory & Clinician Scientist Laboratory over the few years.
She has presented and published several research articles and abstracts at various national and international conferences and journals.
Fields of Expertise
Expertise in the handling of both the outpatient services as well as operation theatres, thorough assessment of patients in both pre & post operative phase of treatment. Ability in handling all postoperative complications. Associated with three institutional review boards approved clinical & translational research project as co-investigator.
Posts Held in the past
- Post-Doctoral Fellow - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai from September 2014 - October 2016
- Senior Research Fellow - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai from August 2013 - July 2014
- Senior Research Fellow - Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai from January 2011 - July 2011
- Surgical Residency - P.D.Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai April 2007 - August 2010
- MBBS: B.J. Medical College, Pune
- DNB (General Surgery): P.D.Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai
- HBNI: 2 Year certified Fellowship in Breast Surgical Oncology: Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- MRCS (Ed): The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Awards & Recognition
- Published research articles and abstracts in various national and international journals.
- Presented posters, abstracts and cases in various International and National conferences.
- Women Oncology – Breast Cancer & Breast Reconstruction using myocutaneous flaps and oncoplastic procedures.