Completed MBBS from prestigious Govt medical college Mysore in the year 2007, after that he completed his MD from Govt medical college Nagpur (Maharashtra) in the year 2011. In the same year he cleared DNB from National Board of Examination, New Delhi. In 2012 he completed Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine from Narayana Hrudayalaya Bengaluru.
In the year 2012 he joined Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai as DM- Critical Care Medicine resident and he graduated with honor of India’s first MCI recognized DM in Critical Care Medicine. After that he served as specialist Intensivist in Tata Memorial Hospital for one year.
In the year 2015 he cleared his European Diploma in intensive Care Medicine from Dublin.
Later he worked as the head of the department of Critical Care Medicine in Yashoda Hospital Hyderabad for about one and half year.
He is having many publications in international and national indexed journals; he is also a well-known faculty in many national and international conferences and workshops.
During his carrier he won many awards, recognition certificates and grants.
He organized many conferences and workshops in critical care medicine, currently he is training FNB and IDCCM students in critical care medicine.
As special interest he done his MBA in Hospital Management, and he is directly and indirectly supporting to uplift respiratory therapy branch as one of the major allied health sciences in supporting critically ill patients in ICU.
Since December 2017 he is working as Consultant and in charge(academics) in the department of Critical Care Medicine Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center, Narayana Health City Bengaluru.
- MBBS, MD, DM (Critical Care Medicine), DNB, IDCCM, EDICM(Dublin)
Post held in past
- Consultant and Academic In charge in Department of Critical Care Medicine. Mazumdar Shaw Medical Centre, NH Health City Bengaluru
- Consultant and Head, Department Critical Care Medicine, Yashoda Hospital, Secunderabad.
- Chairperson – Hospital Infection Prevention and Control committee Yashoda Hospital, Secunderabad.
- Chairperson – Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation committee Yashoda Hospital, Secunderabad.
Fields of Experience
- Managing complicated neurology and neurosurgical patients
- Critical care Nephrology
- Addressing difficulty in weaning patients
- Rescue therapies for severe ARDS patients
- Treating drug resistant organisms
- Infection control and antibiotic stewardship program
- Got trained in EPIC-Echo Protocol In Intensive Care, certified by Global Health Alliance, UK and University of Leads
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life support (ATLS)
- Point of Care Ultrasound Scanning (POCUS) of different organs
Awards & Recognition
- 2010 – Got “Travelling Fellowship” to participate and to present paper in National Conference
- 2010 – Got First Prize for “best Paper Presentation” conducted by ISA
- 2015-Finished DM in critical care medicine, with the honor of India’s “first MCI recognized DM” in critical care medicine from the prestigious institute continued in Tata Memorial Hospital
- 2016 - Got prize from the Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM), for Presenting paper on “Prospective study to determine the incidence and risk factors associated with delirium in cancer patients in ICU” in National conference
- 2016 – Got “Young Intensivist” travelling grant to participate in National conference
- 2018 - Identified as “excellent speaker” by ISCCM Vizag
- 2019-As one of the esteemed reviewer in Indian journal of Respiratory Care
- 2019-As one of the editorial board member in Indian journal of Respiratory Care
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- European of Intensive Care Medicine
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Indian Society of Neuro-anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Neurocritical Care Society
- American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST)
- Indian Society of Anesthesiology
Already published: -
- Title-Complications and benefits of intrahospital transport of adult Intensive Care Unit patients. Indian J Crit Care Med 2016;20:448-52”. Prospective observational study
- Title-Agreement between inferior vena cava diameter measurements by subxiphoid versus transhepatic views. Indian J Crit Care Med 2015;19:719-22.” Prospective observational study
- Title-Complications of tracheal intubation in critically ill pediatric cancer patients. Indian J Crit Care Med 2016;20:409-11”. Prospective observational study
- Harish MM, Siddiqui SS, Prabu NR, Chaudhari HK, Divatia JV, KulkarniAP. Benefits of and untoward events during intrahospital transport of pediatric intensive care unit patients. Indian J Crit Care Med
- Aortic root abscess with complete heart block in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Dr Harish M M et al JMSCR Volume 05 Issue 08 August 2017
- Chemotherapy Induced Cardiotoxicity –A case based review: International Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Inventions 4(11): 3299-3303, 2017
- Harish MM, Ruhatiya RS. Influenza H1N1 infection in immunocompromised host: A concise review. Lung India 2019;36:330-6.
- Kothekar, A.T., Divatia, J.V., Myatra, S.N. et al. Clinical pharmacokinetics of 3-h extended infusion of meropenem in adult patients with severe sepsis and septic shock: implications for empirical therapy against Gram-negative bacteria. Ann. Intensive Care10, 4 (2020).
- Ruhatiya RS, Adukia SA, Manjunath RB, Maheshwarappa HM. Current Status and Recommendations in Multimodal Neuromonitoring. Indian J Crit Care Med 2020;24(5): 353–360.
- Adukia SA, Ruhatiya RS, Maheshwarappa HM, Manjunath RB, Jain GN. Extrapulmonary Features of COVID-19: A Concise Review. Indian J Crit Care Med 2020;24(7):575–580.
- Harish M M, Ramya B M. Challenges with present symptom control and risk reduction of future exacerbations in asthma: Indian patients' perspectives. Indian J Respir Care 2020;9:129-30
- Majumder, Snehali & Maheshwarappa, Harish. (2020). Immune response in the wake of COVID-19 infection-a two-edged sword. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. 9. 10.20959/wjpps20207-16580.
- Harish Mallapura Maheshwarappa, Ramya B M, Radhika Shriprakash Ruhatiya, Sachin adukia, Sudhindra P, Hegde Swastika, Ummi Salma, “A concise review on newer modes of ventilation in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome”, I Jour Med Health Science, vol. 10, no. 06, pp. 951-954, Jun. 2020.
- Written a chapter in year (2017) book of ISCCM on –“Current utility of ETCO2 in ICU”
- Written a chapter in year (2018) of ISCCM on “treatment of atrial fibrillation in ICU”
- Written a chapter in year (2018) of ISCCM on “newer methods in sterilization and disinfection in ICU”
- Written a chapter on Hyponatremia for the book “Case based review in Critical Care Medicine: A comprehensive preparatory book for the examinee”(ISCCM)
- Written a chapter in the book of Asia pacific association of critical care medicine (Evidence based core topics in critical care medicine 2019-ISCCM) Adjunctive Therapies in Acute Myocardial Infarction.
- Written a chapter on “vasopressors in critically ill patients” in THEMATICS published from Tata Memorial Hospital
- Written a chapter on “critical care in peri-operative period-need, indications, infrastructure and staffing” in Perioperative Critical Care textbook
- Written a chapter on “Perioperative haemodynamic monitoring” in Perioperative Critical Care Medicine
- Written a chapter on “Pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide-guided therapy in heart failure” in Critical Care Update 2020 (ISCCM)
- Written a chapter on MCQs in “Hemodynamic Monitoring” in Critical Care Medicine MCQs practical book 2019 (ISCCM)
Working on publications: -
- Title-Prospective study to determine the incidence and risk factors associated with ICU delirium in Indian cancer patients” – analyzing the data. Prospective observational study.
- Title- Comparative study of high concentration v/s incremental concentration of Sevoflurane as induction agent in paediatric patients” –ready for publication. Prospective observational study
- Prospective observational study on the clinical utility of high flow nasal cannula in Indian tertiary care center
- Validation of an Isothermal Amplification Platform for Microbial Identification and Antimicrobial Resistance Detection in Blood: A prospective study
- Hemoadsorption (CytoSorb®) in management of Cytokine Storm - Implication in COVID-19 pandemic
- Use of Handheld Ultrasound Device with Artificial intelligence for Evaluation of Cardio-respiratory System in COVID-19
- A Phase 3, Prospective, Randomized, Open Label, Comparative, Clinical Study To Evaluate Efficacy And Safety Of Ulinastatin Plus Standard-Of-Care Compared To Standard-Of-Care In Treatment Of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) In Hospitalized COVID-19 Infection Patient
Key Procedures Performed
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
- ECMO retrieval
- USG guided hemodynamics
- Advanced hemodynamics using ‘Volume View’ and ‘Flowtrac’
- Transcranial doppler
- Invasive lines and drains
Rare/ Unique Skills
- Played key role in saving the lives during COVID -19 pandemic
- Played key role in setting up COVID- 19 Intensive care unit
- Excellent teacher in critical care medicine, organized many national, state and regional level conferences.
- Good team leader and team player
- Learning new skills in artificial intelligence and machine learning , applying the same in treating critically ill patients.
- Involving in public awareness on most common critical care conditions and helping them to timely reach tertiary care intensive care unit
- Training different allied health care professions in taking care of critically ill patients
Kannada, English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu