Dr. Rushabh Kothari is a trusted, patient focused and experienced doctor with a history of serving patients by successfully diagnosing, treating and managing their cancer and related illness.
Fields of Expertise
• Targeted therapy
• Hormonal therapy
• Adult and pediatric oncology
Awards & Recognition
• Awarded second runner up in SPEAK Program on Prostate cancer in year 2017.
• Awarded second runner up in ISMPO-TYSA national round held in Mumbai in April 2017.
Thoracic Malignancies, Uro-oncology, Breast cancers, GI Malignancies, Head and Neck oncology, Gynaec-oncology, Bone and Soft tissue malignancies, Lymphomas, Leukemias , Multiple myeloma, Immunotherapy
Rare Unique Skills
• Patient focused personalized approach
• Evidence based treatment
• Planning and second opinion on cancer management
Key Procedures Performed
• Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
• CSF examination and intrathecal chemotherapy
• PICC management
Professional Memberships& Certifications
• Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
• European Society of Medical oncology
• American society of Clinical Oncology (Ex-Member)
- “Long term comparison of myeloablative and reduced intensity conditioning regimen in AML-CR1 from tertiary care centre in India” Presented at Asia Pacific Bone marrow Transplant 2016 on 28-30 October at Singapore.
- “Early survival outcomes in stage I-III operated colon cancer patients from a low prevalence, lower-middle income country: The Indian experience.” presented at GI ASCO symposium on 18-20 January at San Francisco, California, United States of America.
- “Up-front short-course radiotherapy and systemic chemotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancers with distant metastasis: Does it provide meaningful benefit?” presented at GI ASCO symposium on 18-20 January at San Francisco, California, United States of America.
- “Comparison of metronomic chemotherapy schedule versus single agent intravenous platinum in Head and neck cancers” Presented at METRONOMICS @ MUMBAI 2016. 5th Biennial International Metronomic and antiangiogenic meeting on 6-8 May 2016, in Mumbai, India.
- “Midline Granuloma: clinical, radiological and histopathological Deception” at Bombay Medical Congress, INH Ashwini, 2013.
Posts Held in the past
Specialist Senior Resident : Department of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Gujarati, Hindi and English