- MBBS B.J. Medical college, Ahmedabad. January 2008
- MD Medicine B.J. Medical college, Ahmedabad. April 2013
- Fellow of National Board -Infectious diseases (FNB ID) Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. Diplomate of National Board 2014-2016
- Observership Division of Infectious Diseases, Wayne state university, Detroit, Michigan. October 2015
Post held in past
- Resident, Department of Internal Medicine - B.J. Medical college, Ahmedabad. (2011-2013)
- Registrar, Department of Infectious Diseases – Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. (2014-2016)
- Observer, Division of Infectious Diseases, Wayne state university, Detroit, Michigan. October 2015
- Consultant, Infectious Diseases clinic 3rd floor “Vedanta” Institutes of Medical Sciences, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad. 380009. (2016-2018)
Fields of Experience
- HIV and AIDS
- Blood borne viral infections
- Fever of Unknown origin
- Post surgical infections
- Post solid organ transplant infections
- Post bone marrow transplant infections
Awards & Recognition
- International conference oral presentation
- 2015 ID Week Case: An Indian man with diabetes mellitus, fevers, weight loss, and draining skin lesions on his back. Fellow’s day case presentation (IDSA-2015). Published on Partners Infectious Disease Images.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Life member of CIDS (Clinical Infectious Disease society)
- Life member of IMA (Indian Medical Association)
- International conference oral presentation 2015 ID Week Case: An Indian man with diabetes mellitus, fevers, weight loss, and draining skin lesions on his back. Fellow’s day case presentation (IDSA-2015). Published on Partners Infectious Disease Images. Swati Gohel, P. Senthur Nambi, V. Ramasubramanian.
- “Fosfomycin, a Promising Option in the Era of NDM1 Susceptibility Data with a Discussion on Its Role in Indian Scenario”. P.R. Vidyalakshmi, FNB (ID), K. Abdul Ghafur, MRCP, FRCPath, Swati Gohel, MD, and M.A. Thirunarayan, MD. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice: January 2016 - Volume 24 - Issue 1 - p 35–38 doi:10.1097/IPC.0000000000000313 Original Articles.
- “A Retrospective Study on Colistin Nephrotoxicity in Pediatric Onco-hematology Patients”. Abdul Ghafur1 Swati Gohel2 Vidyalakshmi PR2 Revathy Raj3.J Pediatr Infect Dis. DOI http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1055/s-0036-1584524.
- Liver Lesions, Fever and Eosinophilia Caused by Fasciola hepatica in a 15-year-old Girl. R. Madhumitha1 & Swati Gohel1 & Latha Vishwanathan2 & Ram Gopalakrishnan Indian J Pediatr (October 2015) 82(10):967–968 DOI 10.1007/s12098-015-1745-z.
- Ghafur A, Gohel S, Devarajan V, Raja T, Easow J, Raja MA, et al. Colistin nephrotoxicity in adults: Single centre large series from India. Indian J Crit Care Med 2017; 21:350-4.
- Patel AK, Patel KK, Patel K, Gohel S, Chakrabarti A. Mucormycosis at a tertiary care centre in Gujarat, India. Mycoses. 2017;00:1-5.
- Swati G, Gopalakrishnan R, Sureshkumar D, Senthur Nambi P, Ramasubramanian V. A case series of cryptococcal infections in immune competent hosts. J Contemp Clin Pract. 2017;3(2):64-69.
- Patel AK, Patel KK, Toshniwal H, Gohel S, Chakrabarti A. Histoplasmosis in non-endemic North-Western part of India. Indian J Med Microbiol 2018;36:1-4.
- Patel, A.K., Patel, K.K., Gohel S. et al. Incidence of symptomatic CSF viral escape in HIV infected patients receiving atazanavir/ritonavir (ATV/r)-containing ART: a tertiary care cohort in western India J. Neurovirol. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13365-018-0642-4.
- Paper presentation on “study of female cirrhotics with special reference to etiology” at APGCON 2012 at Jamnagar.
- Poster presentation on “clinical profile of P. vivax malaria at tertiary care centre” at APGCON 2011 at Ahmedabad. (2nd prize) Poster presentation on “orbital apex syndrome – A case report” at APGCON 2011 at Ahmedabad. (2nd prize)
- Poster presentation on “Vancomycin MIC creep in MRSA bacteremia” at CIDSCON 2014.
- Poster presentation “How safe is colistin in paediatric oncology patients?” at CIDSCON 2015.
- Poster presentation “Cryptococcal meningitis in Non HIV Non Transplant (NHNT) population” at CIDSCON 2015.
- Poster presentation “KAP study of white coats in Health care workers” at CIDSCON 2015. Poster presentation “Familiarity Breeds Contempt- Colistin Preexposure and Resistance” at CIDSCON 2015.
- Poster presentation “Attitude is a little thing which makes a big difference - KAP on isolation practices amongst visitors” at ICID -2016.
- Poster presentation “Acute disseminated Histoplasmosis in an Immune-compromised Host” at IDSA-2016.
- Prevalence, risk factors and outcome of Chikungunya encephalitis in hospitalized patients at a tertiary care centre in Gujarat, India during 2016 outbreak. Accepted for publication in IDCP in April 2018.
- HIV and AIDS
Gujarati, Hindi, English