The department of endocrinology at Narayana Health offers treatment for all major endocrine diseases and works closely with other departments such as oncology, neurology, reproductive medicine, and genetics to provide accurate and comprehensive care for its patients.
Key endocrine disorders treated include,
- Thyroid gland: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Thyroid Nodules, Thyroid Eye Disorders, and Thyroid Cancers.
- Pituitary gland: Pituitary Tumours, Acromegaly, Cushing’s disease, Prolactin Disorders, Diabetes Insipidus, Hypophysitis and Sheehan’s Syndrome.
- Reproductive endocrine disorders: PCOS, Hirsutism, Male & Female Infertility, and Sexual Disorders.
- Paediatric Endocrinology: Growth, Thyroid, Puberty, Bone & Calcium Disorders.
- Metabolic bone disorders: Vitamin D Deficiency, Rickets, Parathyroid Disorders, Osteoporosis, and Genetic Disorders of the Bone.
- Adrenal gland: Hypertension, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Adrenal Tumours, Pheochromocytoma, and Aldosteronism (Conn’s Syndrome).
- Obesity Management: Childhood and Adult Obesity Management. Collaborates with bariatric surgeons and nutritionists for weight management.
Key features of treatment at NH include,
- State-of-the-art laboratory services for hormonal concentration estimation.
- A multi-disciplinary approach to treatment, leading to better clinical outcomes.
- World-class medical equipment and infrastructure.
- Ultrasound services for thyroid and parathyroid disorders.
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) for thyroid nodules.