The modern sedentary lifestyle has contributed to the rapid rise of the disease and it is estimated that today, more than 62 million Indians suffer from diabetes and the numbers are projected to touch 100 million by 2035. At Narayana Health, diabetes care is comprehensive and starts with preventive checks which can help those at risk avoid completely. For those with diabetes, Narayana Health’s team of expert doctors and trained medical staff offer care for the various types and stages of diabetes.
Key aspects and advantages of treatment at NH include,
- Certified educators to offer diabetes counselling.
- Dieticians to provide customised meal plans.
- A Multidisciplinary approach which ensures expert care for all diabetic complications, which includes,
- Foot care - Screening for high-risk cases and management of foot ulcers.
- Eye care - Care for Diabetes Retinopathy, Muscular Disorders, Cataracts, and Glaucoma.
- Kidney Care - Care to prevent or delay the development of diabetic kidney disease
- Weight management - Services include appropriate nutrition and robotic bariatric surgery.
- Diabetes in Children - The paediatric, nutrition and other allied departments at Narayana Health lend their expertise in treating and caring for minors with the disease.
- State-of-the-art medical infrastructure and equipment including
- Dedicated Diabetic clinics.
- Modern laboratory services.
- Continuous glucose monitoring.
- Insulin pump services.