Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences
Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS), Kolkata is a NABH accredited superspeciality tertiary care hospital established in the year 2000. It provides service to the people of West Bengal and neighbouring districts in Eastern India as well as the North Eastern states apart from countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Africa and Myanmar.
RTIICS hospital is a centre of excellence in Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Kidney Transplant, Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology. Equipped with state-of-the-art operation theatres &Cath Labs, the hospital offers a range of specialities serving new born, children, adults and elderly who need acute and chronic treatment.
Some of the features of the hospital are:
- Performs one of the highest number of Complex Paediatric and Adult Cardiac Surgeries in Eastern India
- Pioneered IVUs guided Angioplasty
- Offers the largest Renal Transplant Programs in the country
- Only centre in Eastern India for Brain Pacemakers for Advanced Parkinson’s Disease Epilepsy Surgery
- One of the largest centre for Minimal Access Spine Surgery, Percutaneous Endovascular Program for Stroke, Carotid Stenosis, Brain Aneurysms and Brain Arterio-Venous Malformations
- Comprehensive centre for Liver and Digestive diseases & one of the few hospitals in Eastern India that offers treatment for GI Oncology and performs Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary surgery
- Offers one of the largest orthopaedics program for Joint Replacements, Arthroscopic Surgery, Spine and Trauma and Paediatric Orthopaedics in Eastern India